All Falls Down

The guard  helps me down in the corridor. I'd almost gotten used to being slung over his shoulder on that horse. His horse galloped like a hellish beast all the way back too. He whipped the poor animal the entire time as well.

"What's going o-" the guard was already trudging out before I could speak.

I bit my lip and paced back and forth in the corridor which was extremely hard in this long dress. My mind ran over what had happened earlier. Harry wasn't going to...kill that man was he? I guess he has to..some day it was impossible for him not to as a Spartan man...

Every single man in Sparta had to be in the army. Harry had to be tough. And he was but he was not a brute. He wouldn't kill someone...not without speaking to them first...right?

I strut out to the balcony. I'll just wait for him here. I'll wait right here for Harry to-

"Ha..he sent you back.." I turned to face Marcusious who was leaned up against a large marble pillar. His presence sent a chill up my spine. The palace was strangely empty. Not even the echo of other human voices or activities touched the decretive walls. The mans shoes made light scuffling notices as he made his way up to me. He smiles sadly at me.

"You don't even have anybody being honest with you" he shakes his head.

"What?"

"No one knows right?- about you and the prince." He says with a knowing smile.
My heart sank as I looked into his serious eyes.
"No." He knows. There's no use in denying it.

He smiles at my compliance. "Don't look so hard." He gets so close to me I can smell the smoke  on him. He tilts my chin up with his forefinger and thumb.

"I won't tell anyone"

"Why would you do this for me?"

"I just feel a little bad for you- I thought I should tell you the truth" he looked at me from under his lashes, giving a fake caring smile.

"He can't be yours."

"You're a Persian girl in Greece. How much time do you  think it will take til these idiots start asking questions? Not to mention your sleeping with the prince of Sparta. It's comical almost"

I had nothing to say...

"Don't tell me. You LOVE him" he said in a disgusted voice.- "oh come on don't cry"

He wiped a tear from my face- I was too shaken to move from my spot.

"I can help you though."

"I don't need your hel-"

"Yes. You do."

"Don't you see how much danger you're in by being with that- that"

"It's none of your concern. You're jealous of him. Everyone can see it"

"Jealous? I'm the one who lead us to victory many times while he had a breakdown because his daddy died!"

"King Demetrios was a tyrant" I said through my teeth.

"And so is his son." He smiles. "He's hurt you already...hasn't he?"

Next he pulled the sleeve of my dress down and exposed my neck and forearm which were still dotted with bruises.

He clinches his jaw. "Like I thought."

"He didn't hurt me! I would like to leave now...please"

"Ha. You're shaking"

"N-no I'm not"

"When happens when he makes you his silt wife, a women you use for sex ."

"He won't do that.."