Deal with a dog

CHAPTER 6

What would me and Nona do without the palace? Nona was getting older and couldn't do as much,
And I was young. I hit the prince. I was late yesterday and this morning and I kept dropping the brush...

I didn't want to go back to the streets of Sparta...

I hurried with the knitting and went to Nona.

"Nona have you heard!" I said frantically

She was planting roses.

"The whole castles heard.." I quess we are a staff of gossips. her eyes were sad though

"What do you know..."

" They are cutting all who cannot pay to live here or are to old to work"

My heart sank.

"The Queen made her announcement from her balcony five minutes ago." She said with a half smile

Even if me and Nona pooled our pay we'd still be scraping bye.

"We will leave in 3 days time" she said getting up from the dirt.

"But Non-"

"But nothing Mata Hari! I will not let them throw us out like common trash!"

I felt tears in my eyes and I ran away.
My world was falling apart before my eyes..
One night changed everything..
Why did I even want to be here! The prince terrorized me, the other girls in the palace didnt like me, they said things behind my back.i know it.

But it was the only home I've known..

I ran to my spring and sat. I was so frustrated that I ripped up patches of grassed and screamed.

I was to far from the palace for anyone to hear me.

"So you heard huh?" I heard a mans voice say

I gasped in shock. It was getting dark now and I couldn't see who it was.

But I knew the voice well.

"Yes" I replied to prince Harry

"What are you doing here" I asked sniffling. My chest felt too hollow to fight him. And for whatever odd reason, I believed that he wouldn't hurt me. My mind pushed away the memory of his hard pelvis grinding against me—his groan.

"I came to think. and I figured you'd come here again." he said sitting a few paces away from me. It felt so surreal. All these years he'd given me no more than a passing glance, now he follows me about like some lost dog.

"You're a cur. It was enough for you to..to" I bit myself. I couldn't say it.

"I will leave if you tell me to go. You haven't sent me away yet" He says so quietly I can barely hear. He sounded almost nervous. Like it would hurt him if I actually did send him away.

"Well you won't have to look at me again, or deal with me or anything.. Nona said we leave in 3 days."

"Where will you go?"

"I don't know.. I'm pretty sure she doesn't know either" I said hiding in my hair

It wrapped around my arms as I sat with my knees to my chest.

"Well as future king I expected to keep my subjects happy." I stared at him

"You have no decision in this"

"Your right. but! father leaves to fight the Phoenicians and there army this week."

"That still tells me nothing on how you could help me." I said watching the setting sun. It was irking me to even speak to him. I hadn't forgotten what had happened.