9 ✗ can't trust anyone

One second I'm dancing with my dad and now I'm in a hospital waiting room crying my eyes out because my stalker went after my best friend!

"Zada, please sit down." My mom begs.

"Not until I know Sahar is okay."

"Sweetheart, the doctor said she will be fine, they just want to keep her here overnight." My dad says.

"I want to stay with her."

"Xander and Arya are gonna stay with her, all you need to do is go home and get some rest for school-"

"You expect me to go to school tomorrow and act as if nothing happened?" I scoff.

"Zay, Sahar will be released tomorrow and you can see her then." My mom says.

I hear someone walk over to us and turn around to see Theo, he, Mr.Atwood, Luca, and Sabrina have been talking to the police to tell them what they saw.

"The cops are looking into everything and my team will talk to Sahar as soon as she wakes up." He says.

My stress lessens a bit hearing that but I'm still on edge knowing the freak who did this to her is still out there and plotting their next attack.

I mean how could someone go from sending boxes, to texts, to fucking showing up and trying to kill us!

"We need to go Zada," Theo whispers, his breath hitting the back of my neck.

"I don't want to."

"I know you're worried about her but her parents are with her and two security guards are standing outside of her room."

"Well- what if they fall asleep?"

"We're trained to be able to stay up for up to three days, she'll be okay."

I turn around to face him.

"Promise."

"I promise, princess."

He really needs to stop calling me that, I'm not a fucking princess.

I mean, am I rich like a princess? Sure.

Do I enjoy luxurious things? Yep.

Okay...so maybe I am a bit like a princess but he doesn't need to call me that.

He takes off his jacket and drapes it around my shoulders.

We walk back over to my parents to say goodbye and my dad makes me promise to call him if something like this happens again.

Little does he know it's been going on since the first fucking week we've been here.

Theo and I head down to his car and he opens my door for me.

"Thank you," I mumble.

He nods and closes the door before getting into the driver's seat.

We drive back to the school, the radio playing in the background, and I keep my gaze outside watching other cars speed by.