36 ✗ never underestimate your opponent

It's been over 3 months since Zada passed

3 months since I fucked up so badly, it cost the life of the one person who didn't see me as this overprotective, violent monster.

Every fucking night I have nightmares about that night.

Seeing her lifeless body in that hole.

Seeing how her parents and friends reacted to her death.

I just couldn't take it.

I left.

I was in such shock at what happened, I literally sat in the hospital parking lot for over 4 hours trying to piece together what happened.

The agency obviously had me give up my badge and everything.

I just didn't know how to feel anymore.

I still don't.

I still can't process the fact that she's dead.

She was probably so fucking scared and she was alone.

I think that's what kills me the most.

Knowing that she was alone.

I've spent the last three months just trying to get back on my feet.

Finding work is almost impossible since I have a girl's death on my record.

The only thing that helps a tiny bit is working out.

I barely eat or sleep.

I feel like I'm just a zombie, living my life until death.

Nothing is enjoyable since the guilt is practically eating me alive.

Mr. and Mrs.Phoenix have not shown their face in the media ever since Zada's funeral.

I obviously wasn't able to go but some of the asshole paparazzi had the audacity to take photos.

Suddenly I hear a knock at my door and pause midway through my push-ups.

Uh...I didn't invite anyone over.

I walk over to the door, making sure to grab the gun I keep under the coffee table, before opening it.

"Get that gun out of my face before I shove it down your throat." Sahar's familiar voice scoffs.

I immediately put my weapon down and stare at the five of them with wide eyes.

"H-how did you-"

I don't even get the chance to finish my sentence before I'm shoved out of the way and they make their way into my apartment.

"Make yourselves at home then-" I mutter before shutting the door.

"Where the fuck have you been Theo?" Sabrina asks.