17 ✗ fucking tease

"Zada?"

"Zada?"

Someone just died right in front of me.

"Zada?"

I watched a bullet go through his head.

"Zada!"

I watched him bleed out.

"ZADA!"

I'm finally snapped out of my thoughts when I feel someone grab my shoulders and begin to shake me.

"Huh? What-"

I blink a couple of times before looking over to my right to see Theo standing there looking at me with concern.

"When did we get home?" I mumble.

"About 5 minutes ago."

"Oh- okay."

I quickly get out of the car and begin walking up the stairs toward our apartment.

I can feel Theo right behind me and he immediately grips my waist when I lose my balance going up the stairs.

"Are you okay?" He whispers.

"Mhm."

Everyone slowly splits up and we make our way into our apartments.

"Zada...do you want to talk about it?" He asks.

"No," I mumble as I walk into my room and shut the door behind me.

Theo has witnessed things like this before, obviously and I get that he wants to try to help me but the last thing I want to talk about is being a witness to a death.

I immediately change out of my clothes and take a quick shower, making sure to scrub my skin so damn hard I should have zero dead skin left on my body.

I change into a black nightie and do my night routine before climbing into bed.

But I'm not surprised when all the tiredness I felt before immediately disappears as soon as I lay down.

"Fuck my life," I mumble.

There's a sudden knock on my door and I jump.

"Go to bed, Theo!"

"Not until I know you're okay."

"I'm fine."

He slowly opens my door and slips inside wearing a simple white wife beater and light blue pajama pants.

I watch as he walks over to the other side of my bed and climbs in before pulling the blanket over himself.

We do this now.

Sometimes when neither of us can sleep, we just lay in bed together and talk.

Nothing else.

Sadly.