32 ✗ batman and robin

(bet y'all weren't expecting him lmao)

As soon as I step into the motel, my eyes widen at the scattered papers and a frantic Sahar walking around the room.

Luca dropped me off here while he, Rosie, and Sabrina are heading over to the hotel across the street.

"Jesus, is this how you plan things out?" I ask her and she glares at me.

"Just shut up and come help me." She mutters as she continues reading through an article.

"Mmmm, not unless you ask nicely." I tease.

"No."

"Fine, then have fun on your own," I say as I head over to the door.

"Wait- Uh- please can you help me?" She asks with a fake smile.

I'll take what I can get.

"That's better." I laugh and she flips me off.

I take a seat across from her and look through some of the papers.

I find that she has already highlighted and noted important things.

"Luca thinks Ethan is Theo," I tell her.

"Honestly...so do I." She says.

"I mean it does all make sense, everything does lead to him being guilty."

"But I feel like that's too obvious," I add.

"What do you mean?"

"What if they're trying to throw us off?"

"I doubt that, I mean EVERYTHING matches perfectly with Theo and it even says that he killed his last client."

"Maybe he did it for a reason?"

"What possible reason could he have had to kill him?"

"What's the guy's name?" I ask.

"Uh- John Collin's Jr." Sahar says as she hands me a highlighted article about his "mysterious" death.

I type the name into my laptop and am quickly bombarded by hundreds of articles whether it's about his success and wealth or about the ongoing case of his unsolved murder.

I spent the next half hour scanning through dozens of articles, trying to find anything that could give me an idea of what kind of man he is.

Other than a fucking cocky billionaire.

"Wait, look!" I say as I move over and take a seat next to her.

She reads over the sentence I'm pointing at and gasps.

"He- he was involved in a sex trafficking ring?" She says in disbelief.

"They're allegations but since Theo was his bodyguard...maybe he knew about it and that's why he killed him."