40 ✗ surprise bitches!

"How much longer do you think you'll be?" I ask Sabrina as I button up my shirt

"Don't rush me, babe! Unless you want me to look like Shrek, of course." She yells out from my bathroom.

"You'll look beautiful either way."

I watch as she peeks her head out from the bathroom, holding a makeup brush and beauty blender in hand.

"As much as I appreciate the compliment, there is no way in hell I'm going to such a big event looking like I came out of a swamp." She says and I laugh.

She quickly gets back to doing her makeup while I put on a couple of rings and change up my studs.

The last 4 months of my life have been so fucking amazing, I don't think I've ever been this happy.

Sabrina and I started dating ever since we returned to New York.

She wasn't lying when she said she'd be by my side throughout everything.

During the beginning of our relationship, I struggled with slowly leaning off drugs.

There were so many times when I wanted to say 'fuck it' and smoke a joint but she constantly kept reminding me that I'm strong and that I've come so far.

Those words right there got me through everything.

Now I'm 4 months clean and I've never felt better.

My relationship with my parents and sister has even improved.

My family LOVES Sabrina.

Especially my sister.

I can't even tell you how many times I've had to steal MY girlfriend away from my sister.

Sabrina truly is the love of my life.

I know it may be too early to say but when you know, you know.

I smile as I listen to her hum the lyrics of one of my dad's songs.

Tonight there's gonna be an award ceremony that will put "House of Virtue", my dad's band, in the hall of fame.

Everyone will be there and I've never been more excited for him.

My parents are two of the most hardworking people I've ever met and I'm glad he's finally getting the recognition he and his band deserve.

Soon enough Sabrina finishes up her hair and makeup and she quickly stumbles out of the bathroom holding the front of her dress.

"Zip me up?" She asks.

I gesture for her to walk up to me and she quickly faces the mirror.

I carefully move her freshly curled hair over one of her shoulders before easily zipping up the gorgeous emerald green dress.