39 ✗ my boy

"How the fuck did Devi pick Ben and not Paxton?!" My sister yells as she throws a handful of popcorn at the TV

"I like Ben..."

"Ben is literally the male version of her and why the fuck would someone want to date someone who's just like themselves?!"

"You're only saying that because you have a huge crush on Paxton and he looks like your boyfriend." I chuckle.

"Maybe...but that's beside the point!" She argues and I roll my eyes.

Suddenly we hear footsteps approaching us from behind and when we turn around, we see my dad.

Who we may or may not have woken up.

Oops.

"Guys, it's 3 in the morning...go to bed." He groans.

"Never!" My sister argues.

"Astrid...will there ever be a day when you do as I say the first time I ask?"

"Probably not." She says and I laugh.

"Alright, then you leave me no choice." He says before leaning over the couch, grabbing my sister, and throwing her over his shoulder.

"Ugh, Dad!" She groans.

My dad ignores her as he begins walking up the stairs.

"You too Rosie!" He calls out and I sigh before turning off the tv and following them upstairs.

"Goodnight Dad!" We say before we both head into our separate bedrooms.

It's 3 AM and I'm not even sleepy.

To be honest, I haven't been sleeping properly ever since we came back to New York.

Mostly because I know Easton is still in LA.

I miss him.

I miss him like fucking crazy.

All I want right now is to be in his arms.

After seeing all the shit they did to him and forced him to endure, I genuinely got sick to my stomach.

And he did all of that just so I wouldn't get killed.

Yes, Easton lied but everything he ever did was to keep me safe.

Some may say I'm too forgiving but frankly, I don't give a fuck anymore.

I'm so fucking sick and tired of people telling me what I should and shouldn't do, how I should and shouldn't act, when I should be happy...

Easton is the only person who never judged me for being myself.

Sahar, Luca, and Zada too, of course.

I walk into my bathroom and change into a pair of pajama shorts and an oversized t-shirt before doing my night routine.