47 ✗ reunited

"Knight

"Knight." I hear my boss' familiar voice call out from behind me.

"Yes sir?"

"As soon as you're done, come to my office." He says and I nod.

I quickly finish up whatever paperwork I have left before packing up my stuff and walking over to his office.

Zada and her friends left hours ago.

I didn't fucking realize this fucking paperwork would take so long but I guess they also needed to question me about everything as well.

It's currently 3 in the fucking morning and all I want to do is go see her.

It's been almost 8 months!

8 months of knowing she was alive but not being able to see her.

8 months of doing absolutely NOTHING!

"You wanted to see me, sir?" I ask as I walk in.

"Take a seat son." He says while gesturing to the seat in front of him.

I set my stuff down before walking over and taking a seat.

"We never got to finish up our last conversation."

"Last conversation?"

"About you wanting to quit."

Oh...right.

"I'm still set on my decision," I confirm.

"And you should be, you're young and in love but before you leave here today, I want to give you an offer." He says and my brow immediately raises.

"What is it?" I ask hesitantly.

"A position opened up in our FBI unit, it's yours if you want it, and...you'll be able to keep your relationship with Ms.Phoenix."

My eyes widened at his words.

I've been wanting that position for years now but he always told me I was never ready.

"What changed your mind?" I ask.

"You have heart kid, and seeing all the sacrifices you made over these past few months to protect those kids...you deserve it."

"Can I- can I get back to you on that?" I ask.

He seems shocked by my answer but nods.

"You have 2 days." He says and I curtly nod.

As much as I want to say yes, I have to think about this as a whole.

FBI means I have to be more secretive about my identity, I have to work more, and I'm not exactly sure if that's what I want.

I'm almost 24 and I've been fucking working since I was 15.

I have enough money in my savings...

I just- I don't know.