[3] - Football

My mum kicked me out when I was 16 and a half. So I spent the better part of a year homeless and football saved me. I took control of the only thing I could - football. My rocky childhood had caused me to miss a lot of school meaning I was constantly playing catch up so I left school after 5th year. I didn't leave with nothing I had my Highers granted my only A was in PE but it was the best i could do.

I spent almost a year until I was 17 and a bit focusing on football I trained everyday on my own for hours as well as going to Glasgow City training. I went to the gym religiously it was my escape and I loved it. My body had changed quite drastically over this time. I was previously quite skinny probably underweight if I'm honest I'd never ate well due to a combination of money issues and general neglect. But now I was muscly my body was extremely toned. I have a severely low body fat percentage. I now looked like the athlete I wanted to be.

Since I left school and started focusing on football, my performances were starting to reflect my hard work. After 20 games I had 18 goals and 14 assists. I was a forward and at 17 I was a starter for Glasgow city.

Although I was proud of how far I'd come I was still very aware that I was a homeless 17 year old with no family to rely on. I still had mental health struggles but I was battling on. It was around this time when I had become aware of the fact that if I didn't start advancing in professional football I would be fucked. Then miraculously I got an international call up for Scotland U23s. And it changed my life.

I had been picked for the U23 Euros. As much as I wanted to enjoy the experience like the rest of the girls this meant so much more to me. I needed to perform well if I wanted to get offers from better clubs. This was my chance.