[17] - Big Decision

"Hi Blair, how are you?" Matt my agent greets as he answers the phone.

"Yeah I'm good thanks Matt."

"Okay I'm just gonna cut to the chase."

"That would be good." I laugh.

"Alright so as you know your contract at Glasgow City is up tomorrow. Before the Euros we had discussed that you would sign a contact extension with them but since you have been away I've actually been approached by 4 other clubs with interest in signing you." Matt explains.

I just listen speechless as Matt explains to me all the different offers the clubs have offered me. I have to make a decision before the end of the day so I can arrange travel and signing dates if I decide to leave City.

I have 5 options which is insane in itself. Option 1 is stay at City for a slight raise in salary for another year. Option 2 is Celtic have offered me a full time contract for more money then Glasgow City but it would be a 3 year contract. Option 3 and this one is crazy a smaller Spanish team have made an offer but I have to immediately write this option off as even with the wage increase I have no way near enough money to move to Spain. Option 4 is Manchester United who have offered me a year contract for quite a bit of money but a year isn't a long time what if they release me after that. Option 5, I honestly can't believe it ARSENAL have offered me a 2 year contract for the most money out of all the offers.

I immediately feel overwhelmed with all of this information and the fact I have to make a decision by this evening.

I take a couple minutes to think myself but I'm still really not sure. So I decide to go and find Jen and see what she thinks.

***

"Wow Blair thats amazing news. It's a lot to take in. Where's your head at?" Jen asks.

"Thanks and I'm really not sure like I don't know what to do for the best." I say honestly.

"Okay well let's just think it through is there any you immediately think wouldn't be a good fit for you?"

"Well probably the Spanish team because even though the pay is decent I have basically no money. So I couldn't realistically afford to play over there." I say.

"Okay, so do you want to stay in Glasgow?"

I think for a moment.

"Well it's all I've ever known but it has a lot of painful memories and I'm always scared I'm gonna run in to my mum." I pause before continuing. "So maybe it would be good for me to move away."

"Alright so that leaves us between Man U and Arsenal. What are your thoughts about them?" Jen asks.

"The money is pretty similar Arsenal is slightly more. The Man U offer is only for a year so not a lot of security. Where as the Arsenal one is for 2 years so slightly more time to prove myself." I think out loud.

"And don't forget if you move to Arsenal I can help you out whenever you need." Jen adds.

"Thanks Jen, ugh this just feels like such a major decision and I don't want to muck it up." I say with some nerves showing.

"Whats your gut saying Blair?" Jen asks.

"......Arsenal.......it's saying Arsenal." I say.

"Thats great kid I think you've made your decision then." She smiles.

***

I wait until after tea to call Matt with my decision I just want to sit with it for a while.

When everyone heads to the team room. Jen and I go up to my room to call Matt.

"Hey Blair have you made your decision?"
Matt asks.

"Yes." I say confidently. "I'd like to except Arsenals offer."

"That's great Blair I'll get in contact with the club then send you all the details you'll need for the next few days." Matt says.

I hang up the phone and exhale slowly. Jen gives me a hug and congratulates me again.

We went back to the team room and I told the girls my good news. They were really happy for me which made feel more excited for the future for the first time in awhile.

We went to ours rooms fairly early as our flight is really early tomorrow morning.

Matt sent me through a message with the details for the next few days. Arsenal managed to get me on the same connecting flight as Jen from Glasgow to London. We will get to London at about 2:30. When I spoke with Jen earlier she told me not to worry about finding a place to stay or anything cuz there is a spare room in her shared house and Arsenal have agreed I can stay there. I'm looking forward to living with Jen we get on really well so it should be easy.

Matt has also sorted everything out with me leaving City. They said they are sad to see me go but simply can't offer me what Arsenal are so they understand my decision.