[21] - A Year Older

After our morning training we went for lunch then we have a gym session. As it's my first time following my training plan the S&C coach said that I would be paired with someone with a similar plan to me to keep me right. I didn't think that would be necessary but I didn't argue.

I sit at the same table as yesterday with the same people. I notice Katie is glued to her phone.

"What are you looking at?" I question her.

"Nothing." She says without looking up.

I look around at the other girls and Beth nods her head suggesting I grab Katie's phone.

I swipe it in one quick movement. She tries to protest but it's too late I hand her it back once I see what she was looking at.

"Aww that's so cute Katie." I tease her.

"Shut up."

"What was it?" Jen asks curious.

"It was a picture of Rue and her." I say.

"You're such a simp." Beth laughs.

"You can't speak." Katie points at Beth and Viv. "You two are glued at the hip."

"That's true." Viv admits.

After training we go and get our gym clothes on before entering the gym.

The others go to start their separate sessions and I stretch before our S&C coach comes over with none other than Leah herself.

"Hey Blair, Leah is gonna go through your session with you, you both have similar exercises just with different weights." He explains.

"Okay thanks." I say before he walks away to go and help some of the others.

"Do you have your phone on you?" Leah asks me.

"Eh yeah how?" I ask confused.

"I'll just show you how to set up the app we use to record our gym sessions." She explains.

I hand her my phone and she goes to download the app. Once she has explained it to me we begin with our session up first is bench press.

Leah goes first while I figure out the new app. Once Leah finishes her set I take my turn. I go and grab the extra plates I need. Before I start I take off my T-shirt leaving me in my sport bra I immediately feel Leah's eyes on me. I do my set and I notice Leah keeps glancing at me.

I get up from the bench when I finish and whisper in Leah's ear.

"Enjoy the show?"

"Thoroughly." She replies confidently.

We continue with the session flirting here and there and I realise I definitely have a crush on Leah.

God why do I always get crushes for people way out of my league I internally face palm.

  ***

I wake up the next morning a year older and it feels good. It feels like my life is starting to finally come together.

I get dressed for the day before heading down stairs. We have the day off today and I asked Jen if she would come shopping with me as I'm in desperate need of some more clothes.

"Happy birthday Blair." Steph says happily as I enter the kitchen.

"Thanks Steph." I reply as she gives me a hug.

"It feels illegal that you are only just 18." Katie says laughing.

"I can hardly believe it myself." I joke.

I make myself some breakfast and sit down at the kitchen island to eat. I check my phone and see I have birthday messages from Grace, Laura and Jade in our group chat. As I'm replying I get a message from an unknown number.

Unknown number
Happy Birthday Blair I hope you have a nice day 🥳
Leah x

Blair:
Thank you Leah, how did you get my number though? x

Leah🔥👑:
Remember yesterday when I set your gym app up for you, I sent myself your number x

Blair:
I Didn't expect you to be so sneaky x

Leah🔥👑:
What can I say I'm full of surprises 🎁x

Blair:
Like what? 🧐x

Leah🔥👑:
You'll just have to wait and see 😉x

I laugh at Leah's message and look up to see everyone's eyes on me.

"Who are you messaging?" Ruesha asks me.

"No one." I say blushing slightly.

"Oh my god, did I just see Blair blush." Jen teases.

Katie tries to glance over at my phone but I quickly turn it off and put it away.

"Your no fun." Katie moans.

"You can't say that it's my birthday." I say

"No I can your still boring." Katie says with a straight face.

I shove her and she starts laughing.

After breakfast we head out to the shops. We grab coffee, well Jen gets coffee and I have a smoothie.

We go round lots of clothes shops and I buy a bunch of clothes as well as new footy boots and a coupe pairs of trainers. It may sound excessive but I really didn't have much to begin with. I also buy a knew chain and some rings.

We walk back toward the underground once we are done shopping. Jen did get a few things so it wasn't a completely wasted day for her.

To be honest it was nice spending the day with Jen we went out for lunch while we were shopping and it was good to be able to catch up without anyone else.

Once we got back to the house it was about 4 so we had been out for most of the day.

"Thanks Jen, I had a good day." I say as I flop down on the sofa.

"Me too." She says. "What are you doing?" She asks.

As I begin to close my eyes.

"I'm just gonna have a nap." I say sleepily.

"No your not, we have a party to get too." Jen says.

"What are you taking about?"

"Your party. Me and some of the other girls thought it would be nice to throw you a party for your birthday seen as we knew you wouldn't be spending it with your family." She says giving me a sad smile.

I just get up and give Jen a tight hug.

"Thank you." I whisper in her ear.

After we pull away she says we are leaving at 6:30 and that they've rented out a nice bar so we can have some privacy.

I go and get ready whilst Katie and Rue make us some tea to have before we go.

(Blair's outfit ^^)

After having a nice long shower I look through my new clothes and decide what to wear for the night.