[22] - Party Time

We all chat excitedly on the way to the party all the Arsenal girls will be there as well as Ruesha.

"Happy birthday Blair." Lotte says as we enter and are greeted by the girls.

"Thanks Lotte."

All the girls come and wish me happy birthday. I'm just talking with Lia and Caitlin When I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Happy birthday."

I recognise the voice immediately and turn around quickly to be met with Laura's cheeky grin.

"It's so good to see you." I say as I pull her into a hug.

"Well I couldn't miss our baby becoming an adult could I?" She laughs.

I cringe at her calling me a baby before joining in laughing.

"Who invited you?" I ask her.

"Ruesha told me at training and said I should come and surprise you and how could I say no." Laura explains.

I glance at Ruesha and she sends me a silly wink. I shake my head at her and laugh.

Laura and I go and order a drink I just have a coke, Laura opts for a vodka and coke.

We catch up it's only been like 4 days since we last saw each other but it feels like much longer.

After a while a lot of the girls start feeling the effects of the alcohol. The lights are dimmed and Laura drags me along to dance with her. I actually don't mind dancing I'm surprisingly good at it.

I dance with Laura for awhile before she leaves to get another drink.

I just dance amongst all the girls for awhile before I feel a hand drag around my lower back until she is face to face with me.

"I never got a chance to say happy birthday." She shouts slightly above the music before leaning in and whispering in my ear. "You look really fit."

I chuckle slightly against her as we continue to sway our hips to the music.

"Don't I always?" I whisper back leaning into her ear.

Leah just shakes her head at me with a slight grin on her face.

"How are you so confident?" She asks me.

"Well." I whisper in her ear again. "When the prettiest girl you've ever seen flirts with you it's kind of an ego boost."

Leah blushes before grabbing my hand pulling me along behind her as she walks out of the bar.

We stand outside the bar leaning against the building. Leah's hand still in mine.

I play with her fingers as we just stare at each other in silence. It's not awkward it honestly feels quite peaceful.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask in a small voice.

"About you." Leah says as if it's obvious.

"What about me?" I ask wanting her to confirm what I'm feeling.

She thinks for a minute.

"Honesty I'm wondering what it is about you that has me flirting with you like an idiot."

"So you don't usually flirt with your new teammates?" I ask teasingly.

"No just you." She replies calmly.

"Well don't I feel special." I say cheekily.

"I think you are." Leah says under her breath almost so quietly I think I maybe misheard her.

I look into Leah's eyes and I see her glancing down at my lips, I can't help but do the same. I feel myself leaning closer to her I pause as I feel her breath against mine. We just stay there for a second caught up in the moment.

"Blair there you are I was wondering where you got to?" Laura shouts.

I hear her but my eyes don't leave Leah's. And hers don't leave mine.

"Blair." Laura shouts again.

We are pulled out of our trance and I whisper a quick sorry to Leah as I move past her to head towards the entrance where Laura is.

Leah grabs my hand as I go to walk past her. I turn towards her and she smiles at me warmly before placing a light kiss on my cheek. I stay there frozen for a second.

"Go." She ushers me away now.

I glance back at her before waking off to catch up with Laura.

I head back inside with Laura. She pulls me to a quiet corner of the room.

"Who was that you were with?" Laura asks.

It was dark out and Leah had her back to Laura the entire time so it makes sense she never recognised her.

"No one." I say obviously being shifty.

"Blair I'm not stupid you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"It's not that, it's just ... one of my teammates we've been flirting but I've realised that I actually really like her." I explain.

"That's great, you should ask her out."

I think about this and I decide that Laura is right I should ask Leah out.

"Now come on let's dance again."

Laura drags me off to dance.

I have a right laugh with all the girls just dancing and giggling.

I don't know who's idea it is but we end up playing a big game of never have I ever. Even though I don't drink I still participate.

"Never have I ever had a one night start." Beth starts off.

"Jeez way to start gently." Jen Jokes.

"Don't be a wuss Jen." Beth retorts.

I drink as does many other of the girls. It's not my proudest moments but I have had a few one night stands since my mum kicked me out. I've never really had a proper relationship just like situationships.

"Never have I ever got black out drunk." Viv takes her turn.

Most girls drink.

The game continue and its actually quite fun to learn random things about the other girls.

Once we reach the early hours of the morning the party ends and people begin to make their way home.

We get in and I immediately go to bed I'm so tired I don't even bother getting changed.

It was a good night and I got to know all the girls a lot better but there is only one girl on my mind as I drift off to sleep.