[33] - Favourite picture

Arriving back at the training ground I am more than ready for bed. I wasn't able to spend a lot of time with Leah during the trip back due to seating arrangements we always found ourselves apart.

We get off the bus and head into the training ground. Arsenal arranged for us to have tea here.

"I'll just be a minute." I say to Viv and Katie who I had been walking to the canteen with.

I slow down and spot Leah walking with Gio and Raffa.

I walk past Leah in the opposite direction and make eyes at her to come with me. I pass her before I hear her excuse herself from her conversation. She follows me round the corner away from sight.

"Are you okay B?" She asks as she walks closer to me.

"Yeah I just wanted a moment alone with you." I admit.

"Aww, you softie." Leah coos as I pull her into a hug.

We stand in each others arm for a few moments just enjoying each others presence.

I pull back and Leah places her hands round my neck as we kiss. We stay like that for awhile before Leah pulls away.

"As much as I'm enjoying this, we better join the others before they notice we are gone." She says.

I nod in agreement and we walk of round the corner. Leah holds my hand, which makes me smile as we walk to the canteen. We drop hands as we enter and join our usual table. Some people are still being served as we enter so no one really noticed we were gone.

                                   ***

We say goodbye to everyone once we have finished eating. I squeeze Leah's hand under the table as I stand up to say goodbye.

Jen, Katie, Steph and I then head home ready for an early night.

I flop down on the sofa as we enter the house. I pull out my phone and look through my camera roll. I look at my most recent picture which is of Leah and I. I took it this morning when she was still asleep and we were cuddled up together. It is definitely my new favourite picture. I would save it as my lock screen if we weren't a secret. I scroll slightly further back at pictures of Leah and me hugging after I scored in my two Arsenal games. Finally I look at the pictures me and Leah took on our first few dates. There is clip I took of Leah bowling, she gets a strike and her excited face is so cute. Then there is a picture I took of her at dinner that night and finally a selfie Leah took of me kissing her on the cheek at the picnic table when we went for a walk in the woods.

I send Leah the picture I took this morning.

Blair:

My new favourite picture 😴💕 x

Leah🔥👑: I would usually make a joke about you being a creep but I cant lie this is seriously cute 🥰 x

I close my phone off with a content smile on my face before telling the girls goodnight and heading up to my room.

I decide I can't be bothered unpacking tonight as I stare at my suitcase with dread. Instead I curl up into my bed and let sleep take me away.

                                        ***

The next few days are pretty chill. I go to the gym and training everyday. I work hard in training to try and secure my place in the starting line. In my spare time I hang out with the girls. I haven't been able to spend much time with Leah one on one except from the odd moments we have stolen at training. We've still been messaging though and we are continuing to get to know each other.

                                         ***

Today we have training in the morning ahead of our game against Manchester United tomorrow. After training Beth and Viv have invited us all around for a little team get together.

Arriving at training I'm feeling fresh. I've made such good connections with all the girls here at Arsenal in such a short time. They are really starting to feel like a family to me. I'm growing guilty for not opening up about my past. It's a tricky situation because many of the girls have shared their own stories with me but I feel I can't share back because my story is so fucked up and depressing. I don't wanna ruin the vibe. I know many of the girls now have an incline that my life maybe hasn't been easy as I always panic slightly when asked personal questions although I do mask it well.

I go and do my prep before meeting the girls out on the pitch ready for training.

"Hey Blair." Gio says as I walk up to her, Kathrine and Vic.

"Hiya girls you alright?" I greet them.

"Great yeah we are just laughing at Kim?" Katherine laughing slightly.

"How what's she done?" I ask.

"Gio asked her what her BeReal was and she had no clue what it was." Vic explains.

"Oh ahaha we need to set her one up." I say.

"Yeah we should after training she will probably need a lot of help." Gio laughs.

"Don't tell me they are still going on about that stupid app." Kim says joining us.

"Kim I can't believe you didn't know what it was, what did you think we were talking about everyday when we say it's time to BeReal?" I ask her.

"I thought you guys were just like trying to be authentic or something." Kim says.

We laugh before Jonas calls us over to get into our warm ups.

We finish training at lunch time. Most people  stay to eat lunch at the training ground but I ask Leah if we can go out for lunch the two of us. She agrees instantly. I tell Jen, Steph and Katie I will just meet them at home before leaving with Leah.