[18] - The Move

We wake up at an ungodly hour. I packed most of my stuff last night so I've just got to put in little bits like my toiletries after I shower.

By the time we leave our room and make our way down to meet in reception we are still half asleep and so is everybody else by the looks of it.

We wait for the stragglers to arrive who are unsurprisingly Grace and Laura.

After we've packed up the bus we are off to the airport. Everyone is tired and quite keen to just be home now. The wait in the airport is annoying once we arrived at the gate a couple of the girls fell asleep sprawled on the floor. It's quite a funny sight.

An hour later the loudspeaker comes on telling us our plane has now begun boarding.

We get on the plane and I'm sat beside Jade. We chat the whole way, it's only a 2 hour flight so the time passes quickly. We agree to message and call as much as we can even though we know it will be hard with our busy schedules.

It's funny I never thought when I imagined moving from Glasgow I'd have anything to miss but now I actually have genuine friends it's different.

Jade plays for rangers and her contract is up in six months. She doesn't know what the future holds but she is keen to move to a WSL team she has told me.

We say our goodbyes to the rest of the squad. A few of them I may see soon like Laura as she plays for Aston Villa so I will see her when we play them.

The process of getting to London was made a lot easier in the sense we didn't have to leave the airport to pick anything of mine up as I don't own anything other then what's in my suitcases. It's funny I started this tour at the pre season camp with two duffles bags and now I have two suitcase which were provided by Scotland but never the less it feels like progress in a weird way.

After the rest of the girls leave and a few go to find their other connecting flights me and Jen locate our own gate. It wasn't a long connection so we board as soon as we arrive at the gate. Arsenal have us sitting in business which is a very new experience for me.

"You excited about the move?" Jen asks after we are comfortably seated.

"Yeah I am, it's just starting to feel real but it feels right." I reply.

It's a short flight only an hour and a half but I still manage to sleep for the majority of it.

"Blair wake up we've landed." Jen whispers to me as she shakes me awake.

We exit the plane and while we wait at baggage claim Jen explains to me she shares a house with 2 other of my now new teammates Katie McCabe and Steph Catley.

She also tells me Katie is picking us up along with our other unofficial roommate Ruesha who is Katie's girlfriend and plays for Aston Villa with Laura.

Once we have our bags we head outside and Jen calls Katie asking where about they're parked.

We walk to where they are and they get out the car to help with the bags and greet us.

After they say hello and give Jen a hug. Katie turns to me.

"Hi I'm Katie."

"Blair, it's nice to meet you." I reply

"This is Ruesha." She introduces her girlfriend.

"It's nice to meet you Blair." Ruesha says.

"You too."

"Jeez Katie you're fair outnumbered by the Scot's now." She laughs before we get into the car.

***