[12] - Hatrick

I wake up after a good night sleep and no nightmares awakening me. I still go to the gym today but just do some light cardio and weights as I need save my energy for the game.

The atmosphere at breakfast is a bit nervy I can tell people are worried as it's a lot of the girls first game for Scotland me included.

"How is everyone feeling about the game?" Grace asks the table.

"I'm nervous but I always am." Jade says.

"Im excited to experience my first game even if I'm not starting." Laura replies.

"What about you Blair?"

"Ehh I'm a little nervous I guess but mainly I feel ready. I'm focused." I reply honestly

"That's good." Jade adds.

After breakfast we get ourselves ready and get on the bus. It's a 30 minute drive and Niki the captain has control of the aux. We listen to sing along songs to get us excited some of the girls dance down the aisle signing along to the songs.

Once we arrive we head into the changing room and I see my shirt hanging up with Young 5 on the back. I was born on the 5th day of the 5th month in 2005 so it's always been my favourite number.

I feel proud as I stare at my shirt. I'm proud I've gotten here despite all my struggles.

"Hey, you coming?" Grace asks from beside me.

Most of the girls have already headed out onto the pitch to warm up.

"Yeah you go ahead I'll just be a minute."

I quickly change into my shabby boots I've had them for like 2 years and they are just about holding together. I maybe could have gotten a new pair but I tried to be smart with my money and mainly spend it on food and other essentials.

I head out onto the pitch and I see the stands starting to fill with fans getting in early.

We warm up for 30 mins I take some shots at our keeper and every single one sails into the back of the net with ease. I feel electric and I can't wait for the game to start.

It's 20 minutes till kick off and we head inside to change into our kits and have a final team talk.

Once we are all changed we huddle up in the changing room. Lisa comes in and gives a final rundown of our plans.

"Other than that girls have faith in your abilities take risks and play with pride." Lisa finishes her speech and heads out the room.

Niki gives us a few more words of encouragement before we line up in the tunnel. I look across and see some of the Irish players looking visibly nervous. I wonder if that's how we look to them.

The line starts moving and I'm pulled from my thoughts. The atmosphere is crazy and I immediately feel calm. We sing 'flower O Scotland' and it fills me with pride.

With that we take a quick photo in which I don't smile and instead just look straight ahead. We line up in our positions and the game starts.

The first 15 minutes are a bit scrappy neither team has had any real chances as both teams fight for possession.

Ireland have a throw in, in our half but Kara one of our defenders gets a head on it and sends it to Jade in the midfield. Jade manages to pass her marker and creates space she looks up and I immediately make a run. She sends a perfect ball over the defenders heads I run on to it and manage to collect it at my feet. I can feel a defender close behind me and I know if I'm gonna shoot it needs to be know. I notice the keeper is quite a bit of her line. She was caught of guard by the ball Jade sent me. Just as I see the keeper decide to come out to me I dink the ball up and chip it over her head. The keeper still makes contact with me though and I end up sandwiched between her and the defender behind me. I fall to the floor and hear the crowd erupt with cheers. I take this to mean I scored on my fucking debut. Soon my teammates swarm round me and pull me to my feat. I'm alright just a bit winded. The keeper gets a yellow card.

We start again with about 20 minutes left on the clock. We have better control of the game now and much more possession the goal has calmed a lot of nerves. We create a couple more chances but nothing sticks. We finish the half 1-0 up.

We go into the changing room and Lisa congratulates us on our performance she says that we need to stay in possession next half as that is how we will create the most chances.

We talk some more and start to head back out. Lisa calls me over.

"You've played well so far Blair keep creating chances and take risks. Number 3 their centre back dives in a lot take advantage of that."

I nod and thank her before taking my spot on the pitch. The whistle goes and the half begins we manage to reclaim possession early into the half and Ireland haven't had any more chances.

I find my self on the edge of the box I don't have a clear shot but I do see Hannah hovering at the back post. I cross it to her and it falls perfectly at her head she jumps to it and sends it into the top corner.

We are 2-0 up I run to her and she jumps on me I catch her and all the other girls come to celebrate.

It is quite for a while we pass the ball around the half way line waiting for a good opening. It's the 72nd minute and Kara plays a ball all the way from the back line up to me. I have one defender in front of me and the keeper. I watch to see her movements as she goes into make a challenge I suddenly rainbow flick the ball over her head I run round her and catch the ball as it's falling back down. I volley it and send it to the bottom left corner passing the keepers outstretched hand it's a screamer and an electric feeling.

The game continues and we are all over them creating chance after chance. We are passing the ball along the outside of their box Rachel plays Hannah in and she ends up drawing a foul.

Rachel comes to me and tells me to take the free kick. I nod my head. As I stand over the ball I have 2 options, I could cross the ball in and hope someone gets a head on it or I could try my luck and try and curl it into the top right corner round the wall. I do just that. I scored a hatrick. Everyone is screaming and so happy for me. We have 5 minutes left to play and when the final whistle blows I feel ecstatic.

I'm awarded the player of the match and I'm asked to get interviewed. I answer the interviewers questions before heading back to our changing room. Everyone cheers as I enter and I join in on the celebrations.