[4] -Arriving

A couple weeks has passed since I received my call up for the U23 Euros. I'm currently on the bus on my way to the training ground. We will spend two weeks here in Scotland for a pre tour camp before flying to Belgium for the competition. Once arriving in Belgium we will have a week of prep before the group games begin. The group games will take place over a week or so and the knockout matches including the final will take place over two weeks. So I'm going to be with the team for 4 - 6 weeks.

My leg is shaking with nerves. My head is all over the place but I'm confident in my football. It's about the only thing I am confident in. I've worked for this.

As I arrive at the training centre I see Grace she is 21 and I know her from City.

"Hey Blair, how are you?" She greets me. We aren't that close. To be honest I'm not really close with anyone at City. I just focus on my football. My game.

"Hey, I'm good thanks, you?" I reply.

"Great excited to be here shall we get signed in?" She questions as we enter the building and make our way over to the registration desk.

I nod and follow her to the desk.

"Full names please." The lady behind the desk asks.

"Grace Jones."

"Blair young."

"Thank you girls, if you just head round the corner to the meeting room and wait for everyone else to arrive." The lady tells us.

So we do, we walk round and a lot of people are already in the room. I introduce myself to a few of the girls. I recognise a few more from City. I also recognise that Jen Beattie is here she is a Scotland legend. More players arrive slowly and about fifteen minutes later our manager Lisa asks us to take our seats.

I sit along side Grace, Kelly and Rachel, all
girls from City.

"Hello Everyone, I'd like to start by introducing myself I'm Lisa Stuart your manager. I realise this a lot of your first time in the squad and our first time meeting so welcome and congrats on your selection."

Lisa continues to explain a bit more about the format of the competition and our pre tour camp.

"But any questions about any of that you can always come to me and ask. Okay what else... ah yes I'm sure some of you have noticed already but we have Jen Beattie joining us. Jen is going be one of the assistant coaches and part of the staff for the trip. Jen would you like to add anything?" Lisa asks her.

"Eh yeh sure, I would just like to say that I am going be your coach and you can come to me for anything regarding football. But also I've been where you are and I know how nervous first tours and competitions can be so honestly if you ever need anything I'm here to help." Jen says before taking a seat again.

"That was lovely, thanks Jen, right last couple things. Every night I will put the itinerary on the group chat so you know what the next day holds. I'm gonna put one in after the meeting just for the rest of today." Lisa informs us

"Now finally, I've got your room number and keys here so before you go come up to the front and I'll give them to you." With that Lisa dismisses us.