[11] - Memory

{Blair's dream}

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH IT." I wake up to the sound of my father shouting violently at my mother.

"I don't know what your talking about Ken." My mum replies in only a slightly raised voice.

"DON'T LIE YOU BITCH I KNOW YOU'VE HIDDEN THE WHISKEY." My dad screams in return.

I sneak to the edge of the stairs and peer down the banister.

"I haven't, I swear." My mum pleads as my father quickly closes the distance between them.

He quickly grabs her by her hair and pulls her so they are face to face.

"If your gonna play dumb like a stupid bitch I'll just buy more." He spat at her. "Where's your purse."

My mum hesitantly pointed to her bag on the table. My dad threw my mother to the floor before grabbing her bag and taking all the money she had.

He came back over and she cowered into herself. He kicked her violently in the ribs before he skulked out the front door slamming it on the way out.

I stared at my mother lying on the floor.

When I poured the drink down the drain and hid the bottles I didn't think this would happen. I felt guilty. I didn't mean for my mum to get hurt. I knew now I was likely to get hurt as a result.

My mum started to recover and picked herself up off the floor. I quickly and as quietly as I could took myself back to my room.

I heard my mother moving around downstairs I knew I would have to get up soon I couldn't be late to school again or the teachers would start asking questions.

I got up and started getting myself dressed and ready. Once I was fully ready I walked down stairs rushing to put my shoes on, I would skip breakfast and hopefully avoid my mum.

I was just grabbing my coat when she caught me.

"What did you do? Huh? You stupid brat." She spat at me.

I stood frozen in fear.

"I didn't mea- ugh." I was cut off with my mothers fist in my stomach.

I fell back against the wall, mum yanked me up by my wrist and looked at me like I was nothing but dirt.

She threw me to the floor just like my father had her not so long ago.

She raised her hand ready to bring it down on me again.

{dream over}

I woke up abruptly panting to catch my breath and covered in sweat. I looked across at jade she was still asleep I controlled my breathing before. Grabbing my phone to check the time it was 06:45 I was planing on waking up at 07:00 anyway. I got out of bed silently before heading into the bedroom with my gym clothes.

I looked in the mirror, I did still look tired but the bags under my eyes were significantly less dark than they had been for the last few days. Although I had that nightmare and woken up that way, I did get the most sleep I've had in weeks. I splashed my face with some water and got changed.

I left my room quietly and headed down to the gym it was now 07:10 and I doubt anyone is up as breakfast doesn't start til 9.

I got to the gym and immediately started my workout. I tried my best to focus on what I was doing but my mind kept travelling back to my nightmare.

It wasn't just a nightmare, it was a memory a memory I had forgotten but now I remembered it only too vividly like it was yesterday. I literally shook the thoughts from my head before refocusing and continuing with my next set.