[26] - Walk in the Woods

"Blair." Leah calls after me as we get of the bus. I turn to look at her and can't help but smile when our eyes meet.

"Hey, I was just wondering if you would want to go on another date with me tomorrow?" She asks slightly nervous.

"Yeah, of course I do leah." I reply.

"Sweet I'll message you later." She says gaining her confidence back.

We hug goodbye just as friends would as to not raise suspicions.

***

Jen, Steph, Katie, Rue and I spend the rest of the night having a bit of movie night.

I message Leah back and forth a couple times and can't help but smile as I read over her messages ranging from flirty to sweet.

"What's got you smiling?" Steph asks curiously.

"You mean who?" Katie laughs.

"Nothing and nobody." I reply firmly.

"Oohh Blair has a secret lover." Rue Joins in the teasing.

I just roll my eyes at their childishness.

"Omg she does, she isn't even denying it." Katie say from the corner of the sofa.

I fling a pillow at her and it hits her in the head. We all burst out laughing and it seems to shut them up for now.

***

The next day we have a gym session in the morning followed by a team meeting about yesterdays game and to discuss our next match.

I get up and get ready before heading down stairs. Jen tells me I can drive the short journey to training today. I never learnt to drive when I first turned 17 as I was homeless and had no money. Once I found out I was moving to Arsenal Jen offered to teach me. Jen has given me a couple lessons since I've moved but this will be my first time driving to training. Steph and Katie drive separately so I'm not overly distracted.

After a much longer drive than necessary we make it to training in one piece. I did stall but luckily I managed to recover quickly and the rest of the journey went smoothly.

"You're alive." Katie says cheerfully as we get out the car.

"Just about." Jen jokes.

"Hey I'm pretty good for only a couple lessons." I defend myself.

***

"Now where do I get myself muscles like these." Beth says laughing as she points at me in the gym.

"Time and dedication." I reply proudly.

"You're so full of yourself." Katie mocks me.

"You're just jealous McCabe." I taunt her.

"You got me there I am a little." She laughs.

***

Leah catches me after our meeting and tells me she will pick me up from mine in a couple hours.

Jen drives us home and I have butterflies in my stomach as I think about spending time with Leah.

"I'm going out in a couple hours." I tell Jen.

"With Leah?" She questions with a smirk.

"Yes." I reply and can't help but smile.

***

Leah🔥👑:
I'm on my way now I'll be there in 5 x

Blair:
Okay I'll wait outside x

***

"Hey." I say as I get in the car.

"Hi." I lean over and give leah a sweet kiss.

"I've been dying to do that since last time." I say as I sit back in my seat and put my seatbelt on.

"Same." Leah admits.

Leah drives us to a coffee shop after a while she places her hand on my thigh. I grab her hand and hold it in mine on my leg.

We order 2 hot chocolates to takeaway then Leah leads us back to the car.

"Where are we going?" I ask as we settle back into the car.

"I thought we could go for a walk in the woods?" She says as a bit of a question.

"Yeah that'll be nice." I reply.

***

We walk through the woods hand in hand just talking and laughing and it's nice. Its easy.

"What did you think when you first saw me?" I ask her.

"I was honestly a bit lost for words, I just immediately noticed your beauty. You have this energy and I just felt drawn to it. It also helps that you are really fit." Leah explains thoughtfully before laughing at the end.

"What about you, what did you think about me?" She asked.

"My thoughts were similar really, I thought you were the prettiest person I'd ever seen, I mean you are. I also just noticed your eyes they are so captivating."

We continue to talk away before we reach a nice open area with a picnic bench.

We just look into each others eyes for a while holding hands.

"What are you thinking?" Leah asks.

"How magical this moment is and how much I want to kiss you right now."

Leah leans in and kisses me. The kiss starts of gentle and soft but soon becomes more passionate as I glide my tongue over Leah's bottom lip. She parts her mouth slightly letting me in. We make out for what feels like forever before we brake apart to catch our breaths.

"That was something ." I say lost for words.

"Your a good kisser." She tells me.

"Your not so bad yourself." I say before leaning in to kiss her again.

***

After we walked back to the car Leah drove me home.

I spend the whole car ride home thinking about my future with Leah. I know I like her a lot but I don't want to rush into anything and ruin it. Leah is so perfect and I know I'm messed up, maybe I'm not good enough for her.

My head is clouded and full of thoughts swirling round. I don't even notice we are back at mine.

"Are you okay B?" Leah asks me concern etched on her face.

"Yeah sorry I was just thinking." I tell her.

"You can talk to me you know, I'm here for you."

"I know it's just I got a lot of shit that's happened in my past, and I struggle to talk about I'm just worried it'll scare you away." I tell her truthfully.

"Blair ..." she holds my head in her hands so I'm forced to look her in the eyes. "... I like you Blair and I'm not going anywhere."

"I will tell you when the time is right but I want you to get to know me first before all that."

"Blair you don't have to be stressed about telling me there is no pressure I'm here to listen whenever." Leah tells me before placing a light kiss on my lips

She pulls me into a hug and we just sit like that for a moment, in each others arms.

"Thank you." I say before placing a final kiss on her lips.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I say as I open my car door.

"Bye B." Leah says.