[19] - Signing

I wake up fairly early as I'm just going with the girls when they have training. While the girls are training I plan on going to the gym there as I haven't been able to keep my usual schedule and sessions in the past few days.

I shower and get dressed before heading down to the kitchen.

"Morning Blair." Steph greets me as she makes coffee in the kitchen.

"Morning."

"You want a cup?" She offers.

"No thanks I don't drink coffee." I tell her.

"Ah that's right the strict diet." She laughs and I join in.

We talk for a while about the day and my signing before Katie and Ruesha join us in the kitchen.

I'm eating my breakfast now. I've made myself scrambled eggs and avocado on toast.

Katie pours herself a bowl of coco pops and sits down next to me.

"Katie could learn a thing or two from you she eats like a child." Rue teases her.

"Haha well at least I'm not an actual child." She jokingly jabs at me.

"Ehm don't bring me into this and I'm going to be officially an adult in a couple days, so the innocent baby jokes can stop now."

As I say this Jen walks in.

"What's the kid saying?" She asks confused.

Everyone laughs and I just face palm.

      ***

The drive to the training ground is quick as we live quite close by. Jen drive us all and I sit in the back with Katie. We sing along to the songs on the way there and it's really funny Katie's singing voice could use some work to say the least.

"Right we're here." Jen says as we pull up.

"Thank god if it were any longer I think my ears would have bled." I take the piss out off Katie.

"Shut up you." She says as she laughs and shoves me playfully.

We get out and Steph and Katie head to the team room to hang out as we have some time before they are supposed to start training.

Jen hangs back with me to give me a small pep talk.

"Blair, I just wanted to say that I know times have been hard for you lately but don't let that hold you back. I know you've just got here but you have a home here the team is like a family to each other and it will be that way for you as well if you let them in."

I nod she gives me a quick hug.

"Thanks Jen I appreciate it and I'm gonna try to be as open as I can it might just take some time."

"I get that, now come on let's go meet some of the girls." Jen says as she leads the way to the team room.

We enter and some of the girls who were also early come over and say hi to me.

"This is Blair." Jen says motioning to me. "And this is Kim our captain, Viv and Beth, and this is Caitlin. She says going round the group.

"Hi it's nice to meet you all." I say.

"You too can't wait to see you on the pitch, Jen has been bigging you up." Kim says.

"Thanks I hope she didn't set your expectations to high." I joke.

"She didn't." Beth cuts in. "We saw a couple of your games when you were at the U23 euros last week and you were class."

"Yeah that goal when you chipped the keeper was amazing." Viv adds.

"Guys stop inflating her ego it's already big enough." Jen says as she comes over and joins the conversation.

We all talk for a while longer before the girls have to go prep for training and I have to meet with Jonas before singing my contract.

Jen shows me to his office and I wait outside. I'm not nervous more eager to sign before someone tells me this was all some sort of sick joke.

A/N - ( I just want to mention now that Leah is 20 in this story)

The door opens and I turn my head to be met with a blonde with very pretty eyes. I don't know how long I'm staring before she clears her throat.

"Hi I'm Leah." She says. Oh my god I think she is the prettiest person I've ever seen.

"I'm Blair." I say confidently and hold out my hand to shake.

When our hands touch I'm filled with this warm feeling and our eyes meet.

We are both pulled from the tension when the door opens once again and Jonas comes out.

"Blair it's great to finally meet you come on in." He says motioning in to his office.

"I'll see you later." I say to Leah. She just gives me a warm smile before I turn to head into Jonas' office.

We go over the details of my contract before I sign it and take a few photos for the announcement which will go out later today.

Jonas is really nice and I'm excited to work with him. I ask him if it's alright that I use the gym while the girls train he says yes and mentions that some of the players may come and go from the gym depending on what they are set to do for the day.

After we leave his office Jonas takes me out to the training pitch to see where we train. The girls are warming up and some are getting started on passing drills. Jonas tells me I can stay and watch for a bit if I want before I go to the gym.

I watch the girls do some drills I try not to but my eyes keep drifting to Leah there is just something about her.

Jonas puts the girls into little groups for smaller drills and I go and get ready for the gym.

I make my way into the changing room and put on a pair of sweatpants over my gym shorts. I also change into baggy T-shirt over my sports bra.

I head into the gym and do some stretches before getting started with some weights.

I'm about 20 minutes into my session when I hear the door open and some of the girls come in for their own gym sessions. Katie and Leah are amongst them.

Katie comes over to me with a couple of other girls. I take my head phones off so I can hear them.

"Hey Blair, you alright?" Katie says as she reaches me.

"Yeah, good you?"

"Yeah sound, anyway this is Lia and Lotte." She introduced the players with her.

I say my hellos before we continue with our respective sessions. I take off my T- shirt as I start to get hot. This is nothing out of the ordinary for me. I often work out in just my sports bra.

I feel eyes burning into me as I finish my shoulder press. I look up and make eye contact with Leah I smirk and she blushes deeply. I continue with the rest of my session and finish on the treadmill. I can still feel eyes on me but I don't mind.

Most of the girls have left by now as most of them just had to do some mobility.

I get off the treadmill and catch Leah staring again.

"Bye Leah." I say confidently.

Her eyes are on my stomach I clear my throat and she snaps out of it and chokes out a bye.