[29] - Opening Up

{Leah's POV}

I wake up to Blair shaking and sweating in her sleep. I pull her into my arms and try to calm her down as I stroke her hair.

At first I thought she was just having a nightmare but I've never seen anyone have a nightmare like this.

"Blair, Blair." I repeat trying to wake her without startling her.

She suddenly jumps up out of my arms panicking and breathing fast trying to catch her breathe.

"Shh, calm down, it's okay." I try to reassure her as I become increasingly worried.

She flinches as I touch her arm to pull her back into my arms. She turns and realises it's just me and quickly allows me to hold her.

I just stroke her hair gently for a while until she lets out a quick sorry.

"Blair don't be, are you okay? What's going on?" I ask her gently.

She takes a deep breath.

"I've just been having these nightmares recently." She says as she moves to look at me.

"Blair, that seemed like more than just a nightmare." I say concerned.

"Yeah." She says after awhile trying to collect her thoughts.

"Well they are more like vivid memories, it feels like I'm reliving them, like I'm back there and I can't escape it." She pauses before continuing. "Remember I was saying about my past and my childhood? Or what I wasn't saying really?" She asks.

I nod my head letting her continue as I take her hand and rub my thumb over the back of her hand.

"Well I told you about my dads drink problem but I didn't really talk about my mum. She used to hit me." She said with a pained expression on her face.

I move my hand and stroke her cheek.

"I'm sorry Blair." I say.

"It's fine I just still struggle with it, my childhood really messed me up. I'm messed up." She says.

It hurts me cuz she really believes it.

"No you're not Blair, you're not messed up." I tell her.

"I kind of am, I struggle with my mental health." She tells me. My heart brakes for her. She is so strong and she doesn't see it.

Blair tells me about why she was really kicked out. I can't quite believe how a mother could be so cruel. The childhood and upbringing Blair and I had couldn't be any more different and I wish she could have had the love I had growing up.

Blair doesn't go into details about the abuse she faced as a child and I don't blame her I can't imagine the pain she must feel reliving it all.

I tell Blair she should try and get some more sleep as we still have an hour until we have to get up.

She falls back asleep in my arms. I kiss her forehead a couple times before trying to fall back asleep myself.

                                          ***
{Blair POV}

I wake up again, this time in the warmth of Leah's arms. I feel slightly unsettled about my nightmare. Leah was so understanding when I told her about what I've been through.

"You okay?" Leah whispers to me as she strokes my hair.

"Yeah, I'm alright." I say against her neck.

"We should probably start to get up." Leah says.

"I'm so warm though." I say.

Leah laughs gently. "Fine five more minutes."