Chapter 37

Arc 1: The Reincarnated Noob

Chapter 37: Sick

      [ December 23, 2020- Wednesday ]

Wednesday morning, the moment that I woke up, I know that this day is crap.

Together with my parents and siblings, I sat on the sofa. I am sitting between them. The three of us were watching the morning newscast.

{ On today's weather report. Our Country's.. }

The beautiful news lady was reporting the Country's weather forecast for today. Usually, the weather forecast is frequently not reliable. But today, as I gaze through our closed window, this is one of the instances that the news weather forecast is correct.

{ China's northern hemisphere should expect a heavy onslaught of snowfalls...Public and Private schools have announced that today's classes for primary level to secondary level are canceled.  }

Adjusting the blankets wrapped around me, my father smiled and asked gently.

" It's good that today's classes are canceled right Feng-er? "

Unconsciously sniffing my stuffy nose, I nodded my head. My mother then handed me a tissue and helped me blow my nose.

This sucks.

Unfortunately, when I woke up this morning, I realize that my head feels heavy. My nose is stuffy and I am racked in my lungs because of coughs. My body is so weak and everything was cold.

This year, winter in the northern hemisphere of China has arrived late. It happened in the 2nd week of December. Going to school wrapped in winter clothes at that time was completely fine. The snow and cold temperature were mild and my body can endure it and doesn't have any adverse reactions other than the mild body shivers from time to time.

This 4th week of December, the temperature has dropped dramatically compared to the 2nd week.

After watching today's news forecast, I was thankful that today's classes for B city (Beijing) are canceled.

Father then turned off the TV and mother prepared breakfast in the morning. Unlike the usual balanced and standard healthy breakfast given to me, I was helped by my father to eat a warm chicken soup.

I am lacking in appetite so I could only eat soup and lacking in energy it took time for me to eat the soup. After being feed soup, I was given medicine and I ingested it with warm milk.

Mother didn't go outside to buy medicine for me since we already have medicine supplies at home. They were already prepared.

Still wrapped in my blanket, I was carried to my bedroom by my father. He then place me gently on the bed and helped me lay my head on my soft and comfortable pillows.

" Rest well, Feng-er. "

Sighing, I tried to nod my head but failed. I could only blink. He smiled before saying.

" There's a bucket beside your bed. "

He then turned off the lights and close the door to my room and left.

I close my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

For the whole day since I started playing Glory, I didn't log in to Glory for the first time.

-------------------

[ December 24, 2020 - Thursday ]

The next day, I feel better. But I am not still out of fever, cough, and stuffy nose.

Still, it was snowing heavily and the classes are canceled.

With pleading eyes and tears in the corner of my eyes, I gaze at my parents.

" Mother, Father... "

" No. "

" Please. "

Glaring at me, but I am still pleading, my mother sighed and glared at my father.

Beaming, I thanked them. As Father opened the computer. She then said

" You could use the computer and do whatever you want. But I want your father to be here and he would monitor your condition. If you started getting headaches and dizziness, he turns off the computer and you, little mister is going back to bed. Deal? "

Sigh, I know that I wouldn't get my mother easily agree to my pleading. Still, it was helpful. Even if it wasn't the outcome that I want.

' It's better than nothing. '

" Thank you, Mother. "

" Good. "

Sternly gazing at father, mother then told him

" You better watch Feng-er dear, or I would have words with you and no lunch. "

Unaffected by the threat, the father replied.

" I am looking forward to my delicious lunch, love, including you. "

My mother left blushing. I on the other hand endured the urge to gag with my father's flirting and PDA toward my mother.

Father's gaze lingered on mother's silhouette. When it disappeared his gaze turned to me and the computer monitor.

Suddenly, I was swept by a wave of nervousness.

' Remember Jun Feng, no cursing, no roleplaying as a violent character, and even if the others have started cursing at you, behave like an obedient child. '

After that thought, I sighed. There's no denying it anymore. I regained my game addiction illness in my past life and I am a certified glory addict.

I am already scheming and planning on how to behave so that my father wouldn't find my attitude toxic and unpleasant. After all, if I started cursing and showed any violent tendencies even as a player, there was a high chance that my father would report it to my mother and I wouldn't be allowed to play glory anymore.

That is a thing that I, Shen Jung Feng can't allow to happen.

Also, it sucks that Christmas isn't a public holiday in China. There are still classes but thank the Goddess for the snowfall. If there aren't any classes, I can't be absent.

Before logging in to the 8th server, I decided to look at the Glory Forums. Blinking, I was surprised by the various information that I gained by browsing the forum.

There would be a Christmas event today and it would end until midnight.

For this year's Christmas event, the title of the event is Santa's Naughty and Nice list.

And under the forum, there was a list of naughty and nice lists for every server in the Chinese Glory forums.

Staring at the Naughty list. I could almost feel my eyes bulging out in shock.

[ Chinese Glory 8th Server -Santa's Naughty list

1. Grand Caster (Summoner) - 4,650,000 Naughty points ]

" Motherfucker!! "

" Jun Feng! "