Chapter 112

Arc 3: Chances

Chapter 112: Second Chance

       " Greedy mortal aren't you? Asking for a second chance when you're the one that wasted your life away... (sigh) mortals not being able to bear trials and tribulations sent on their way.  So fragile, so irresponsible... You, are such a disappointment aren't you? "

The young man facing the otherworldly being bowed his head in shame.

Guilt, guilt, guilt, regret, sadness, pain, etc.

The young man was experiencing turmoil in his mind.

Suddenly, he felt his chin being lifted by the Goddess who welcomed him in this whatever afterlife.

" (sigh). But you're a pretty young soul who hasn't undergone much cleansing in the cycle of reincarnation. I guess, I could give you a chance. Since you were a young soul, you were someone who hasn't experienced many trials and tribulations on your cycle of incarnations. Lift your head and stare at me. If you want your second chance, show me that you wanted it. Show me that you desire it, mortal. "

---------------------

   Morning, I woke up from my dream. My body was covered in a cold sweat. My heart is beating fastly. Struggling to get up and go towards the chair, I just decided to lean my back on the wall while I was still sitting on the bed with my leg straight up. I couldn't help but clutch my blanket tightly. Letting out small outs of breath every few seconds and closing my eyes for a moment.

After a while, I opened them again when I felt my heartbeat starting to calm down. What I dreamed wasn't particularly a bad dream. It was something that gave me hope. The dream– no, the memories were clear in my mind right now just like the moment that I experienced them.

' Second chance... '

" Don't waste them and don't be picky, mortal. "

"...I won't. "

I muttered as I remembered Goddes' last words to be before I found myself reincarnated.

A few seconds after, I can hear father's voice behind my bedroom's door.

" Jun Feng?...are you awake? "

Looking around on my room, I replied.

" Yes, Father! "

After answering father, the door opened slightly. Father peaked his head inside. Seeing me awake, he opened the door fully and walks toward me smiling and patting my head.

" Are you ready? Today's your team day. Are you excited? "

At those questions, I can feel my heart beat increase fastly once again.

" I- I am.. Father. "

What the hell? This isn't the time to get cold feet now. Fuck, Jun Feng. Why are you like this?!

Father chuckled when he notice the state that I am in.

" Looks like someone is nervous. How cute! It was rare for Feng-er to get nervous. "

While I am glaring at my father, he then picked me up from my bed and out of the room. He was carrying me with my head leaning on his right shoulder and see what is going on behind his back. We then pass by sister and brother's room. I know that it is empty. Then father climbed down the stairs, passing the living room before arriving in the dining room where he deposited me in my chair before sitting beside me.

To my surprise, brother and sister are also in the dining room sitting at their chairs. There were already the breakfasts place in the table. With only some drinks and fruits missing.

" Surprise that we are here, Jun Feng? "

Brother Hao Lan asked me and I nodded my head. I then asked brother and sister.

" Would you also go at the Cadillac Stadium like mother and father? "

When mother and father informed me that they would go to the Cadillac Arena the offline matches to support me. I was surprise since they weren't someone who wouldn't bother with online games at all. But they were paying attention to the online games and glory lately because of me.

I feel happy.

This is maybe another reason why I am getting some occasional body shivers and nervous today.

Mother and father would be watching me. I need to do my best.

Even I am not the Ace player of my team, I need to do my part to the best that I can. No, I need to go beyond than my usual performance today!

Suddenly, I feel sister Chao-Xin feeling up my forehead with her left hand.

" Are you alright Jun Feng?. It's good that you don't have any fever. "

" Yep! I'm fine sister. "

Father chimed in and answered her concern.

" He's nervous. "

Upon hearing father's answer, Sister Chao-Xin laughed and I suddenly felt my face heat up.

" I'm not! "

" Pfff... Nervous Jun Feng is one of the cutest Jun Feng since it was one of the rarest. "

Sadist sister..  So you don't like my smiles at all?

While pouting, mother finally arrived and she placed the drinks on the table. After that, she took her seat on my right side while father was occupying the left side. I am stuck between them.

After eating the breakfast, I notice sister and brother leaving the dining room. Seeing my confuse expression, brother give me an apologetic expression.

" I wouldn't be able to watch the offline league like mother and father but I wish the best for your team Jun Feng. No matter what happens, I know that you would do your best. I'm proud of you. "

" I'm disappointed in you, little brother. "

" ...I'm sorry. "

" A sorry wouldn't undo the things that you have done. "

" ..Th-Thank you. Brother. "

" Eh?! Jun Feng why are you crying?! Brother what have you done to him?! "

Sister suddenly started panicking when she saw me started crying. I tried to wipe my tears, but to no avail they keep piling up.

" I don't know! He suddenly started crying! "

Crouching and looking at me, Brother asked with a concerned expression on his face.

" Does anything hurt on your body Jun Feng? Do we need to go on hospital right now? I could ask my colleague to prepare a room for you. "

I shook my head at the question and replied.

".. It's... My body doesn't hurt anywhere. I am just happy. "

After calming down from crying, brother and sister made sure that I am okay before leaving. I reassured them that I'm fine.

When brother and sister are gone, father then helped me to take a bath, change my clothes and the other necessary hygiene. Instead of my school uniform, I was dressed on a casual clothes. I was wearing a gray hoodie jacket paired with comfortable light brown short that reached my knees. My black plain shoes was paired with white plain socks.

Around 10:00 am, Brother Zhang Yuan and Sister Wen Qianmei came to pick me up. Before helping me enter inside the car, Mother and Father wave goodbye to me.

I returned their wave and promised that I would see them again.

" It's a promise. "