Chapter 122

AN: I'm sorry everyone but i don't think i can upload chapters for everyday on this week. i would be busy with some things IRL.

Arc 3: Chances

Chapter 122: Playoffs (Part 9)

  The last round of the group challenge of finals was between the captain of the Covenant Impact Contract effect, a Blade master, and one of the members of Conquering Clouds who have just made his appearance, Grand Caster.

This would be Grand Caster's first-ever appearance in the Challenger's League offline matches. And this would also be the very first-ever group match he would ever participate in the challenger's league.

Out of all of the members of Conquering Clouds, Grand Caster has the least appearances among the member of the team. People could count his number of appearances on one hand. And it was less than 3 fingers.

Despite his popularity and Speedrunning that he has done on one of his Glory live streams, people wondered if Grand Caster was just a mascot of team Conquering Clouds.

And today, people would want to know the answer to that question.

The map that the alliance has chosen was the sandy shore. A part land and part water terrain.

Grand Caster spawned in the water part of the Sandy Shore while the covenant impact's captain contract effect appeared in the land terrain of the map.

The meeting point of the map is where the water and land terrain collided.

[ 3 ]

[ 2 ]

[ 1 ]

[ Fight ]

When the countdown ended, the two players from opposite sides started moving. The blade master contract effect was moving fastly than the Grand Caster. It was due to him mostly investing in his agility and strength but also due to the terrain that he was currently on the map.

Even it was a sand, it was better than moving into the water where your movement is restricted and you would be force to swim. Grand Caster was moving more slowly than Contract Effect who was running to the sands. Suddenly, Grand Caster took a dive in the sea. Raising his staff, he started summoning water spirits and great water spirits. He then started swimming above the water again while he have the water spirits following him under the water. But before he made it completely in the shore, he summoned earth spirits.

Contract Effect who can see Grand Caster with his earth spirits immediately decided to attack with a slash from his sword. Controlling one of the spirits to rush to the sands, Grand Caster switch position with it with his skill Switch. This skill allows him to instantly change position with one of his summons.

the earth spirit was the one who was hit by the skill from Contract effect and died. Once he was in the sands, Grand Caster commanded 5 earth spirits to attack Contract Effect while he control 3 earth spirits to spam their most basic skill around. Common earth spirits most basic skill was something called earth wall.

Average dent of solid earths then started rising around the terrain of sand. Contract effect who have just slash the last earth spirit earth attacking him look around his environment and glared.

[ Contract Effect: Do you think your tricks would work on me? ]

Not answering, Grand Caster started using the earth walls as a shield from Contract Effects slashes. Hiding on them one by one under contract effect's assault of skill attacks. When the previous earth wall was destroyed by Contract effect, Grand Caster would then move to a new one. then he would summon an earth spirit again and have them cast an earth wall.

For Grand Caster, he have all of his common spirits skills max out so it doesn't take much time when he was casting to summon them. at most it was 0.1 - 0.3 milliseconds.

The Audience who were watching from the stage were started on getting bored from the battle. Some of them started booing while most have a displeased expressions on his faces.

They have came here since they expected some excitement from Grand Caster. Why does he keep dodging and dodging? He even wasn't attacking his enemy.

Jun Feng who was playing at the booth backstage were oblivious by the dissatisfaction from the audience and continued on his routine of summoning earth spirit and hiding behind the earth walls and summoning earth spirit again.

The pro players on the other hand who was watching the live broadcast has notice that something is amiss.

[ Windy Rain (Chu Yunxiu): Look at his mana. It was in 70% range and doesn't show any signs of dropping down.

Troubling Rain (Su Mucheng): I'm not familiar with summoners does it have to do with the water spirits hiding beneath the sea?

Life Extinguisher (Xiao Shiqin): A water spirit with high mastery provide passive mp recovery towards their summoner.

Dazzling Hundred Blossoms (Zhang Jiale): You seems oddly knowledgeable regarding summoner Small thing?

Life Extinguisher (Xiao Shiqin): There are some similarities between Summoner and Mechanic

One Autumn Leaf (Ye Qiu): Is that so? In regards to similarities, I think that Summoner and Unspecialized have more similarities.

Carved Ghost (Wu Yuce): ???

Crying Devil (Li Xuan): ???

Troubling Rain (Huang Shaotian): ??? What are you talking about Ye Qiu? The summoner and unspecialized are very different. And why would you even mention that class in the first place?

One Autumn Leaf (Ye Qiu): In terms of difficulty, the unspecialized are just below the summoner.

Dazzling Hundred Blossoms (Zhang Jiale): Small thing is right. Mechanic is much more closer to the summoner than unspecialized. Anyway, Grand Caster has excellent control on his skills. Until now he didn't manage to get hit by one of contract effect attack skills... ]

Right after Zhang Jiale said those words, Grand Caster was hit by one of Contract effects skill attacks lowering his health to 83% points. There were accusing gazes directed at him which he thought is a little bit unfair.

[ Dazzling Hundred Blossoms (Zhang Jiale): Nevermind. Erase from your mind what i have just said before. ]

After being hit by one of contract effect skills, Jun Feng thought that it was now time for him to stop dodging and reveal his hidden card.

He then use a mark skill while releasing the standby skill that he have use in one of his summons. He have then use the mark skill towards Contract effect.

From beneath the sea, something was rising. The audience and the others gasped when the water of the sea move as it has a body on its own.

Now, there was a very gigantic female humanoid made of water moving towards the shore and approaching contract effect.

[ Greater Water Spirit: Undine

Skill:

• Absorb (Passive)
• Water Manipulation (Active)
• Great MP Recovery (Passive) ]

Greater Water Spirit Undine was a result of 4 great water spirits combining with the use the skill Spirit Merge.

Once again, Contract effect decided to attack Grand Caster. He doesn't care that there was a gigantic water spirit approaching him. As long as the summoner is dead, the summoner's summon would disappear with them.

Before Contract Effect skills could attack Grand Caster, Jun Feng use the switch skill once again. The target of that attack is the Greater Water Spirit Undine. After switching places with Greater Spirit Undine, Jun Feng decided to use the reinforce control on the Spirit. Not letting Contract Effect to get away, using the Greater Water Spirit Undine, he grabbed Contract Effect and inserted him on the Greater Water Spirit Undine.

Once inside the Greater Water Spirit Undine, Contract Effect can't move and breathe. Jun Feng waited 2 minutes before the breathing time for Contract Effect run out and his character's health depleted because his character can't breathe in the water.

[ Glory ]

Grand Caster won the last round of the Group Challenge.