Chapter 121

AN: I was busy yesterday with my classmates for our first research practice. Fuck, I stuttered a lot, mispronounced some words and my brain blanked out and forgot what it was supposed to say despite my reading and studying our research a lot.

My God, it makes me want to crawl or bury my head in shame. I was supposed to do better but my anxiety took over me. (T T) fuck my life.

If I was like this during practice, how would I fare when it was time for our research defense?

But at least after a few practices yesterday my mispronunciation and brain blanking out settled a little... I hope that I won't be a mess when it was time for our research defense.

Arc 3: Chances

Chapter 121: Playoffs (Part 8)

The result of the Team Radiance Vs Team Conquering clouds resulted in the latter winning a 0-10 victory sweep.

On the other hand, the winner of Team B vs Team C was the former. The relegated team Covenant Impact with 8-2 points against team C.

After the two matches, it would be the final battle for the challenger's league. Two teams fighting for the championship of the Challenger's League.

But before it could happen, the Alliance have given a 15-minute break for the two teams.

Going to the booth located backstage, Zhang Yuan opened the door, enter, and closed the door again.

Jun Feng was currently in his wheelchair and browsing Weibo on his phone. Noticing his presence, Jun Feng raise his head and asked.

" Zhang Yuan-ge, is something wrong? Is there something you want to discuss with me? "

Approaching Jun Feng, Zhang Yuan replied.

" Yes. "

" What is it Zhang Yuan-ge? "

Putting a regretful expression, Zhang Yuan answered.

" I apologize that you wouldn't be able to perform once again on the team challenge. "

Hearing the answer, Jun Feng was dumbfounded before he started chuckling.

" It's good that you have all managed to defeat team Radiance without needing me. Another good thing is that you didn't die during the team challenge. "

Patting his head, Zhang Yuan glanced at Jun Feng carefully. Looking at his golden eyes searching for any form of deceit. When he has seen none, he sighed inside his mind.

Putting Jun Feng as a sixth player... It was during the early stages that Zhang Yuan decided on it. Because Jun Feng is a sixth player, if none of them died, then there's no need for Jun Feng to step on the battlefield.

When Jun Feng's position was decided, Jun Feng didn't complain and seems very satisfied with it.

" A sixth player? So am I like a secret weapon? If Sun-gege is the Ace. You Zhang Yuan-ge being the King, Ziqin-ge the Queen... Am I the Joker? A secret trump card, A secret weapon of the team conquering clouds– very well, I accept it! There's no fitting position for me other than being the sixth player! "

After being silent for a moment, Zhang Yuan suggested to Jun Feng.

" How about participating in the last round of Group Challenge? "

" ..Eh?..."

Jun Feng looks at Zhang Yuan in surprise and responded hesitantly.

" Are you certain of your decision Zhang Yuan-ge? You know that mages are weak against melee players in PVP right and group challenge is a 1 v 1 battle per match–"

Patting Jun Feng's left shoulder, Zhang Yuan, interrupted Jun Feng's rambling.

" Skill can overcome those class disadvantages in PVP. And I believe that you are one of those players capable of it. "

" This isn't like those regular PVP matches in Glory where I have defeated a lot of players. This is a competition and many of them are better than the regular players– "

Sighing and feeling a little exasperated, Zhang Yuan interrupted Jun Feng.

" Are you reluctant to participate in the group challenge Jun Feng? "

Under Zhang Yuan's intense gaze, Jun Feng shook his head.

" Well... I just don't want to destroy Sun-gege's other attempt at a 1v 5 win streak. "

" You know that Sun Xiang doesn't care much about his win streak since this is the challenger's league. "

Hearing those, Jun Feng sighed.

" Okay, I would participate Zhang Yuan-ge. "

After all, he have promised that he would do his best since his parents are watching today. It would be a disappointment if they came to watch and he didn't even participate in one of the matches.

Soon the 15-minute break ended, and it was time for the finals. The battle for the championship of the challenger's league.

Team Covenant Impact Vs Conquering Clouds. Covenant Impact ranked 19th during the Season 5 of the regular season and they were one of the teams to be regulated.

The team covenant impact debuted in Season 5 but in the same season, they were also relegated. Above regular players but lacking compared to the pro players, that was what team Covenant Impact is.

All of the hard work that they put in every day turned into nothing since there are many better pro players than them in the pro league. And not just that, but those people were also hard workers too.

Seeing Cross Knife as the first player to be put in the Group Challenge by the team conquering clouds, the crowd cheered while the captain of the team covenant impact sighed.

' It's over. '

Truthfully, the captain of the covenant impact felt jealous of Zhang Yuan for having skilled players on his team.

But despite their low chance of winning against the team conquering clouds because of the monsters on their team, team Covenant Impact still chooses to bravely fight on.

' No gas. Fight and try until the end. '

The witch, sharpshooter, blade master, and striker — One by one they were defeated by the team conquering clouds berserker player Cross Knife.

For the last match of the group challenge, the captain of Covenant Impact stepped forward. To his surprise, Cross Knife stepped down the stage, and the captain of Conquering Clouds that they were changing their player.

Expecting an exorcist, the captain of the covenant impact was surprised to find a summoner replacing Cross Knife.

But the summoner in front of him was a familiar face. Someone famous and known by everyone active in Glory Pro forums and even players outside of Glory Circle.

The terrain speedrunner god.

The one who was one hit killed by the battle god Ye Qiu in the player's heavenly domain challenge speedrun in the arena portion.

Grand Caster.