Chapter 5

Arc 1: The Reincarnated Noob

Chapter 5: School Life

Before i decided to quit the game since it was nearing six o'clock, I have managed to kill 1000+ white horned rabbits.

« You have received the title Rabbit Slayer. »

Also, something strange has happened. I remembered that my sister have said that there was no hidden quest. But I apparently gained a title? It was like just some games in my past life... There are still things that was hidden waiting to be discovered. I wondered if the other players knows of it too? Probably, and maybe they just decided to keep it on their own knowledge. Well, I have no time to observe the strange item since i needed to have breakfast. Mother would be probably go here in the room and help me get to the dining room and have a breakfast.

" Jun Feng it's time for breakfast!"

I can hear Mother's voice on the stairs. She was coming to my room. I stared at the monitor and press the log out button and I have also taken out my account card from the log in device. Ugh.. I was starting to enjoy the game. Crap, and I am also feeling reluctant when I log out of the game.. looks like this Glory has too much of a pull for a gaming Otaku like me.

I better check out the forum and website of the game later.

-------------

After eating a delicious and healthy breakfast, I proceed to my usual agenda– my daily hygiene, taking a bath and wearing my school uniform. As usual, Father would escort me to the school and my classroom. Classmates who was already taken a seat – some of them have casually stared at me before losing their interest. I was thankful that their interest on me have greatly diminish compared from the start of the classes where they even go as far to rudely stare at me and asked some unnecessary questions.

I was placed at the farthest corner of the classroom. The last row and just happened to be near the window– yup, the cliche rightful place of those anime protagonist where you can idly watch the surroundings outside. And I was certain that I wasn't definitely in a world of Anime. I am not placed in Japan but in China. I was reincarnated with my past life memories in a parallel Earth who look nothing special so far and living with my family. The same parents and siblings from my past life but with slightly altered face and nationality. I died and currently living in the same year– which was really strange to me. Added to the fact that I was currently a child and I was a bonafide young man in this year when I died.

This Earth was the same. So far there is no strange things happening. No signs of supernatural stuffs like ghost or a hidden organization behind a society. There is no system pestering my life or encountering cute girls who would fall in love with me. No arrogant young masters or modern cultivation society. So far, there is no extraordinary happening to my life. Since I was in China, I expected that something out of a webnovel would happen to me.

My poisoned mind has been disappointed.

  This Earth is just basically the same just like my past life Earth. Just missing some things like some of my favorite games, a song or a very minor history. There was also some additional things like those holographic technology that I am hearing in the news recently. And the Glory game which was new but it sounds so familiar to me for some reason that it was giving me a headache.

Could it be that since it was about the game, I am in that Virtual Reality troops? I really hope so that it was like that. I don't mind waiting for three years for some black technology company to pop out and announce their cutting edge virtual reality game. And I hope that company wouldn't pull a Kayaba shit on us. But what if i am in the pre-canon version of that troops? Well, that sucks. I just need to deal with the disappointment and hoping that my Grandniece or nephew would be able to play that virtual reality game. For now, I would just bear with playing Glory. Even it wasn't a black technology, Glory has been better than those rpg games in my past life. The 3D graphics are okay. I have tried killing those white horned rabbits in the vital or weak spots– it has worked. I haven't still done trying to climb, swim or do any wearisome actions to my character. My Otaku heart hoped that the more and more that I play the game, the more lifelike the developers made the game. Exceeding even the recent fad in my former Earth in this year. More than the breath of the Waifu. I really hope so.

Eventually, after the idly wandering of my thoughts, my classmates and our homeroom teacher– the first subject has finally arrived. She checked first the attendance before starting to teach her subject, Math. I was among that was called to tell the answer. And so what was happened in the other subjects. During the lunch break, a few kids have asked me things like how was my homework was doing or if I could help with their homeworks or copy my notes. I indulge the little shi– my classmates on their requests. Despite not having friends in the classroom, I still need to socialize in this way. Making good connections so that I wouldn't encounter any troubles within my school life. I can't get myself in trouble with this little kids. My body can't afford it and I don't want my parents and siblings to be troubled of such little complications because of some little shits who decide to be little gremlins.

When the PE subject came, I was watching in the sidelines. Our teacher assigned me the record of my classmates in the exercises. As for the music subject, we have another discussion and our teacher called one of the children to demonstrate causing her to nearly cry in nervousness. Poor kid, can't bear the unexpected pressure. Unfortunately, after that, I was called to recite again. And now, I can understand the pressure on why did my classmate nearly cried. Singing in front of them? Even I have the mentality of the adult, i feel nervous and embarrass with so many eyes staring at me.

So what should I sing? Chinese romance song? I don't know much about Chinese romance song but i know a certain opening song of a donghua that wasn't still released in this world. Wouldn't it be weird if I sing a romance song? Even I am an adult in mentality, I was still a kid for everyone in this world.

In the end, I have sang the lyrics of a popular anime and game that was just recently released in this world a few years back.

" Pokemon! O you're my best friend, in a world we must defend... "

The timeline of this world are really messy. Under everyone's stares I have sang the English opening of Pokemon. Everyone clapped after I have sang the song and another poor kid was called to perform in front of the class. Being a 3rd Grader in primary school is a mix of boredom and excitement.