Chapter 82

AN: I said that I would post at  1 chapter a day for this fanfic... But here's an extra.

Arc 2: Conquering Clouds

Chapter 82: First Match (Part 3)

While the handsome man was watching the match between the Conquering Clouds and Twilight Marshmallow, the door to the living room opened and 3 people entered the room.

Cheng Tai, Mi Xuyuan along with Xiao Shiqin entered the room.

" Xuecai-ge. "

" Fang-ge! "

Mi Xuyuan and Cheng Tai greeted the vice-captain of Thunderclap Fang Xuecai.

Nodding his head, Fang Xuecai returned the greeting from the other two members of the main roosters of Thunderclap.

Glancing at the television, Xiao Shiqin asked.

"You're going to watch the Challenger's league? "

Just in time after Xiao Shiqin asked the question, the first players for the individual rounds were announced.

[ For the first match of the individual round we have Roast Marshmallow for the team twilight marshmallow. He is the sharpshooter of the group. And for the team Conquering Clouds, we have player Cross Knife, a berserker. ]

Xiao Shiqin's attention on the television intensified when he heard the familiar user name. The only thing that missing was the 'Alt' word. But considering that all of them use an alt word to indicate their game usernames and that 'alt' stands for an alternative, it was very likely that the player right now was another lucky audience accompanied by Xiao Feng.

" Captain, is that one of the audience players on your team during the All-Star Weekend? "

Cheng Tai asked. Choosing to sit on the sofa beside Fang Xuecai, Xiao Shiqin replied.

" It's a high possibility. "

Mi Xuyuan and Cheng Tai also decided to take the chairs in the corner of the living room and decided to watch the match with their captain and vice-captain.

The chosen map of the team marshmallow was crossroad rocky mountains. Right now, Roast Marshmallow and Cross Knife were both on opposite sides of the map.

Roast marshmallows on the west and Cross Knife in the east. After the countdown started indicating the beginning of the match, the two players rushed toward the center of the map.

But what was puzzling during that time was Cross Knife making errors causing him to lose some of his health.

[ .. They haven't still encountered each other but player Cross Knife is already losing 20% of his health.. ]

Ju Bao said. It was then followed immediately by Ling Niao.

[ It was already 30%. No, 40%... 50% of his health was shredded by his constant careless jumps and maneuvers on the field. ]

Thankfully after that, Cross Knife stopped his careless jumps with fall damage, failed parkours, etc. When he met, the enemy team player Roast Marshmallows.

No one would think that the enemy player would follow his namesake. Upon Meeting Cross Knife who has his skill Blood Awakening and Enrage activated, the player roast marshmallow roasted by Cross Knife's Bloodthirsty fight.

The combined effects of the skill bloodthirsty fight of having a life steal while the player berserker sacrifices a huge amount of his life to damage the opponent, using one of the effects player roast marshmallows was one hit K.O. by cross knife.

At the end of the match player Cross Knife had only 1% of his health remaining. In the end, both of the commentators have a clear grasp that what happened with failed parkour earlier and the awful jumps weren't a mistake.

But an intentional mistake was created by Player Cross Knife so that he can use his skill Blood Awakening effectively. With the use of Blood Awakening, with less health, a berserker has a more powerful berserker.

What they witness today was a very rare occurrence and something that wasn't seen in the challengers league or the glory pro league until now.

Usually, pro berserkers wouldn't purposely hurt themselves since even if they were almost powerful the lower your health is in blood awakening status, even if a berserker is very fast and has a high attack, the moment that a berserker is hit by a skill, there was a possibility the berserkers may become an easy free food.

A fragile glass cannon – that is what the berserkers are when they are in low health but have a high attack.

What the player cross knife did was a very reckless move.

Followed by Cross Knife, gaining 1 point for the individual round for their team, the 2nd round was between the Captain of the Conquering Clouds Storm Conquest and the Spell Blade of the Twilight Marshmallow.

It was another strange thing to note regarding Team Conquering Clouds. Captains usually showed themselves in Team matches and it was usually the other team members that were sent on the individual round.

At the end of the 2nd round, Storm Conquest won with only 2% of his health remaining. He was both relieved and cursing at his luck at the same time. There was a manic look on Zhang Yuan's face as he saw the 2% health remaining on his character storm conquest.

It was intentional when Cross Knife have his health become 1%. But Storm Conquest was not. He has his health full before facing the enemy.

Compared to Sun Xiang, Zhang Yuan knows the gap between the two of them was big. Sun Xiang was a prodigy while he was just an average player.

But fuck it if he let himself be the first one to die again every time! In every battle against the other guilds, he was always would be the first one to die in the guild. And if it wasn't, he was always the first one to die among the core guild members of the conquering clouds.

' Please, God of Glory! Please, don't let me die first! I beg you! '

After the second battle on individual match, it was now time for the 3rd battle. The ninja watchful hound and the qi master of twilight marshmallows.

Using the environment to his advantage, Watchful Hound uses the smoke bomb to its fullest and makes sure that his opponent qi master doesn't notice where they are currently right now.

Followed after that he use the shadow clone technique which was located near his trap. The opponent Qi Master approached the shadow clone technique mistaking it to be Watchful Hound.

After the Qi Master attacked the shadow clone technique and the smoke bomb dispersed, using a combination of flickering charges which allows Watchful Hound to rapidly move forward and broken flash which kicks in midair and knocks back an opponent.

Because of the combination of the two skills, Watchful Hound kicks are more powerful and he has the Qi master knocked quite a few distances. But it was enough for the trap laid by Watchful Hound.

Guo Zhishi smiled when he saw his opponent fall from the cliff as gravity take a hold of him. Using one of the available actions in the game, he made his character wave goodbye to the opponent as he look down into the dark chasm.

If the characters could automatically emote, Watchful Hound would have a terrifying smile on his face while he stared at his opponent fall from his death.

The individual match ended with team Conquering Clouds possessing perfect 3 points for the individual matches.