Chapter 89

Arc 2: Conquering Clouds

Chapter 89: Heavenly Domain Challenge

[ February 23, 2021- Tuesday ]

The next day after the meeting and their team's regular practices, in the QQ chat, Wen Qianmei brought up an important topic.

[ Conquering Clouds Chat Group

Disordered Elegance (Launcher): I'm going to take the heavenly domain challenge today. Are you guys going to take yours too, today? We have been level 70 since the last week of January.

Storm Conquest (Blademaster): ......

Disordered Elegance (Launcher): Don't tell me you have forgotten about it Zhang Yuan.

Storm Conquest (Blademaster): I think that this isn't just the appropriate time to start the heavenly domain challenge!

Disordered Elegance (Launcher): I can smell your lies.

Storm Conquest (Blademaster): Strange. How do you smell lies? Smelling yourself?

Opposite Balance (Knight): Weird derailing of topic there Zhang Yuan. But still a savage reply. 7/10.

Twilight Rose (Cleric): +2

Skyline Express (Exorcist): + 3

Watchful Hound (Ninja): + 4

Disordered Elegance (Launcher): So who wants to go and start the heavenly challenge with me? Let's have a competition and bet on who would manage to go first in the Heavenly Domain.

Storm Conquest  (Blademaster): Fuck, I'm in. I can't let you surpass me.

Disordered Elegance (Launcher): Hehe.

Opposite Balance (Knight): I'm in too.

Twilight Rose (Cleric): (T_T) I'm a cleric, so I'm automatically in the last place. But I still want to participate. Heavenly Domain Challenge is just the Devs bullying us, the poor Clerics. Fuck, let me just pull out the guide The Heavenly Domain Completion Guide for Clerics made by my God Zhang Xinje. If not for him, Clerics would be stuck in regular servers forever.

Cross Knife (Berserker): Is it difficult for Clerics?

Twilight Rose (Cleric): Yes. If a normal heavenly domain challenge is difficult. When it comes to clerics multiply the difficulty by 20 times. But at least, I want to join too. Don't just leave me on the regular server guys.

Moon Ziqin (Spitfire): I would join too.

Skyline Express (Exorcist): Me too.

Moon Ziqin (Spitfire): You would join too won't you, Sun Xiang?

Cross Knife (Berserker): Obviously.

Moon Ziqin (Spitfire): Grand Caster? How about you?

Grand Caster (Summoner): Nope. Pass.

Twilight Rose (Cleric): (°ロ°)!

Cross Knife (Berserker): What?!

Moon Ziqin (Spitfire): Jun Feng?!

Storm Conquest (Blademaster):?

Disordered Elegance (Launcher): Why?

Grand Caster (Summoner): I would take the heavenly domain challenge in March.

Storm Conquest (Blademaster): Is there a reason why you can't take it right now?

Grand Caster (Summoner): I was planning something.. And I am currently occupied with studying maps.

Cross Knife (Berserker): What are you planning?

Grand Caster (Summoner): It wasn't still determined if it would happen. But I can't inform everyone right now.

Storm Conquest (Blademaster): Well, I should help you with the map. I feel ashamed right now.

Grand Caster (Summoner): Don't worry about it Zhang Yuan-ge. You shouldn't be worried since I enjoy looking at and researching things about the map. Anyway, I bet that Sun-gege would be the first to reach the Heavenly Domain. While Qiangwei-ge is the last. The second that would reach the Heavenly Domain, is Zhishi-ge.

Twilight Rose (Cleric): WTF, Jun Feng! I know that I said that it would be harder for clerics to get into the Heavenly Domain...but to have you put me in your bet as the last person. You're so cruel. (T ^ T)

Grand Caster (Summoner): Qiangwei-ge you have confirmed yourself before that you would be the last. I am just being honest in my bets.

Watchful Hound (Ninja): I'm flattered that I am in second place in your bet. But you're still a kid Jun Feng. You shouldn't have involved yourself in gambling and placing bets.

Grand Summoner (Summoner): Boo.

Watchful Hound (Ninja): Also. I want to ask something.

Grand Summoner (Summoner): Then let me satiate your curiosity Zhishi-ge with my knowledge. What is it that you want to ask Zhishi-ge

Watchful Hound (Ninja): Out of most of us, you always call Sun Xiang by his last name. Don't you know that you are hurting his feelings if you keep calling him by his surname while the rest of us are on first-name terms?

Cross Knife (Berserker): Shut up, Zhishi!

Grand Caster (Summoner): I apologize if that's how you feel Sun-gege.

Cross Knife (Berserker): Shut up, Jun Feng.

Grand Caster (Summoner): But I am not calling Sun-gege based on his surname.

Storm Conquest (Blademaster): You're not.

Grand Caster (Summoner): Yep. It wasn't Sun-gege's surname at all. It was a nickname.

Watchful Hound (Ninja): A nickname huh? So what is this 'Sun'?

Grand Caster (Summoner): Monkey

Cross Knife (Berserker): How about we have some PK right now Jun Feng?

Grand Caster (Summoner): Nope. Sun-gege I am not insulting you.

Cross Knife (Berserker): How is being a monkey isn't an insult?

Watchful Hound (Ninja): Oh, so you're calling Sun Xiang the Monkey King?

Grand Caster (Summoner): Yup. Anyway, good luck on the Heavenly domain. Everyone wouldn't be able to finish it one day. At least more than 3 days for everyone.

After Jun Feng log out of the QQ chat to continue his map study and watch Science videos, Sun Xiang was teased by Meng Qiangwei.

Twilight Rose (Cleric): So, there you have it, Sun Xiang. There's no need to feel jealous of us anymore isn't? Don't you feel quite special? The monkey king Sun Wukong huh...An important character of the Journey of the West. So you're a protagonist in Jun Feng's eyes? Now, that I think of it regarding personality. You and the Monkey King are quite similar.

Cross Knife (Berserker): Let's have a PVP in Arena right now.

Twilight Rose (Cleric): Nope. I don't wanna fight you.

After being teased by Meng Qiangwei, the others have also joined in some lighthearted teasing. Later, except for Jun Feng who was occupied with Map research, the others started taking the Heavenly Domain Challenge.

The first portion was a 7 part chain quest while the 2nd portion was Arena.