Chapter 57

Arc 2: Conquering Clouds

Chapter 57: Meet and greet

        The second day of the All-Star Weekend. Before the main event for the day which would start at 7 p.m., fans and glory players was once again participating in the mini-events for the All-star weekend.

One of the events where you can meet and greet a person from each club and be given autographed merchandise– many people have lined up for those events.

Yesterday, It was the Excellent Era, Tiny Herb, Void, Misty Castle, Thunderclap, Lightly, Parade, and Samsara in the club lineup.

Today it was, Tyranny, Blue Rain, Royal Style, 301 degrees, Wind Howl, Seaside, Dusk Fire, Radiant and Hundred Blossoms.

Tomorrow, it would be every club in the Glory Pro Alliance.

In the Hundred Blossoms Alliance, many people were lining up to greet and meet up with the current captain of the Hundred Blossoms Zhang Jiale, and looking forward to getting signed merchandise.

Eventually, at around 4 p.m., Zhang Jiale decided to rest and have the other members of the hundred blossoms be the ones who would do the meet and greet until 5 pm.

It was Zhu Xiaoping, the summoner who performed yesterday in the rookie competition, and Zhang Wei, a player that debuted in Season 3 and is considered to be an extremely average player.

There are only a few people who lined up. Since Zhang Wei debuted in season 3 and it has been years, it was natural that Zhang Wei would attract a small number of fans.

One by one the people who lined up become fewer and left a little more satisfied after meeting Zhang Wei. Zhu Xiaoping on the other hand was starting to lose confidence after the first few times he tried to initiate a handshake and no one returned them. They only glance at him before leaving.

He thought that they were looking at him with cold eyes.

Is it because he have lose the match yesterday?

When it was nearly approaching 5 o'clock and the meet and greet session would finally end today, there was one last person who lined up in the Hundred Blossoms. The person was accompanied by two other people.

" Hello.. "

Zhang Wei was especially gentle when he greeted the person.

" Hi, Mister Zhang Wei. "

The person smiled as he returned the handshake initiated by Zhang Wei. Zhu Xiaoping on the other hand didn't bring his hand forward.

He hasn't the confidence to bring his hand forward again to greet the new person. Even though this person looks like someone who wouldn't harm anybody with his looks.

But what he didn't expect was the person bringing his hand forward and asking him.

" Xiaoping-gege wouldn't you greet me? "

There was a bright smile on the person's face. Zhu Xiaoping brought his hand forward feeling the heavy feeling on him lightening.

" What's your name, little brother? "

Zhang Wei asked beside Zhu Xiaoping as he was preparing to sign a hundred blossom shirt merchandise again.

" It's Shen Jung Feng Mr. Zhang Wei. "

While Zhu Xiaoping was waiting for Zhang Wei to finish his autograph on the shirt, the kid then beckoned to his brother and sister.

That's when Zhang Wei and Zhu Xiaoping notice both of them holding a lot of things.

A poster-size art framed in a picture casing was given to Zhang Wei. It is Zhang Wei's character Endless Forest, a witch-class character. Zhu Xiaoping could tell that that Zhang Wei was surprised. Over the years, Zhang Wei was the one who always give the merchandise and signed them. There has never been one where he received a gift from a fan.

" Thank you for everything, Mr. Zhang Wei. All of your hard work and effort. Every single one of them, Thank you. "

The kid thanked Zhang Wei with sincere eyes as the brother have given the art to Zhang Wei and followed by a bouquet and chocolate. Zhang Wei was now flustered and embarrassed when he received the unexpected gratitude and gifts.

But Zhu Xiaoping would never expect that it was his turn to become embarrassed next when the sister of the kid has given him flowers, chocolate, and the art of his summoner avatar wind carving placed in a picture casing.

" Thank you Xiaoping-gege. You tried and did your best yesterday. Thank you very much. The summoner class is cool and awesome. Never let yourself doubt it and don't let yourself down with other people's opinions. You were amazing with your performance. "

When he received the gift, Zhu Xiaoping listened to the kid's words toward him. There was a smile on his face as he replied.

" Thank you. "

When the kid and his siblings left, Zhang Wei pointed out that, unlike his bouquet, there was a letter inserted on Zhu Xiaoping's flowers. Curiously, while wiping the tear from the corner of his eyes, Zhu Xiaoping opened the letter and started to read them.

After reading the end of the letter, tears were leaking from Zhu Xiaoping's eyes continuously and he tried to wipe them to no avail.

When Zhang Jiale returned to the meet-and-greet booth of their club, it was the scene he came sight upon. The newest member of their group crying while holding a flower bouquet, with chocolate and a letter in his hand. There was a slight smile on Zhang Wei's face as he said something to Zhu Xiaoping while the latter responded something as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

Approaching them, Zhang Jiale asked.

" What happened? "

" Little Zhu has his first fan. "

Zhang Jiale was confused while looking at the flowers, and chocolate on both of their hands.

Zhu Xiaoping looks like a boy who was rejected mercilessly by his girlfriend while holding flowers and chocolate in his hand while crying. At the same time looking at their gifts, Zhang Jiale felt a little envious. But he was happy for both of them.

If he remained until the end, would he be the one receiving those gifts? It's no use thinking of it. From the start, it looks like this fan intended to give them to Zhang Wei and Zhu Xiaoping.

Zhang Jiale was relieved and glad that Zhu Xiaoping feels a little better because of what happened yesterday.

When the player vs pro main event started after the mini-game on this all-star weekend, he was the one who was called to the stage to battle the chosen lucky winner from the audience.