9

Claire's face was turned to stone after what happened. Andrew had his mouth held open, Brian was in shock, still questiong me. Ally smiled. I sat there, not sure of how to react. John walked back over, his sunglasses on and sat back down, putting his arms over the couch.

"That was intense". Andrew chuckled.

"Well". John spoke and took another hit. He turned to me and handed it. I accepted it and took another hit. I needed it now.

"That's not how you play the game. Now we have to find something else to ask". She pouted and John sat up straight.

"What? Is queenie upset that she didn't get her way? How unfair"? John fake pouted.

"Its not part of the game". She spoke again, this time glaring at me.

"Fine. I'll pick Brian. Can we just move on now. This game fucking sucks". I hissed.

From behind me I felt John pull a bit of my hair.

"None of you picked me anyways. It wasn't a fair game". She snapped

"We had our reasons". John snapped back

"You're an asshole". She mumbled and John nodded.

"Sue me. I guess I'm just a normal guy". He pretended to be shocked and used his hand, gesturing a valgure hand motion.

"You're a pig". Claire spat.

"Oh shut it. You didn't get your way so you ended the game like a child that you are". Andrew said, following John's reaction.

"That's not fair. I did nothing wrong". Claire defended but John shook his head. "Why do you act the way you do"? She asked John.

"I don't have enough vitamin B". He smirked.

"See, that's what I mean. If she does like you I don't see why. I'm trying to protect her from you and your childish behavior". Claire yelled.

"But didn't you like him"? Ally interrupted and Andrew chuckled.

"Shut up". Claire cried out.

"No its true. Why else would you get so defensive"? I asked.

She shook her head and held up her hand. "I'm trying to be your friend". Claire mumbled.

"Friend? She don't need friends". Brian said and stood up. "She has me and Ally. Now what the hell did you talk about eariler with her"?

"This is all wrong. You're doing everything wrong". Claire spoke out as she stood up too. "And it's a private conversation between her and I".

"Everyrning you do is wrong. You glare at the poor thing when she stands next to me. What the fucks that about"? John was pissed now. Was this his way to stick up for me?

"You barely know her". She replied.

"Oh and you know her so much more"? Ally asked, Andrew nodding.

"I know her well enough to know she will do anything to get to anybody. Why do you think she's here. She claims it's from swearing in studyhall. All we know is she was doing it with someone in the supply closet, maybe like Jason Seaback"? Claire harassed.

I couldn't believe the words that came from her mouth. I went to defend myself but John stood up and stopped me.

"Seaback got what he deserved after the cafeteria issue, believe me. But please Claire. Tell us more about how you know Kylie more then any of us. How did she actually get detention"? John asked.

Claire's face was as red as her hair when John yelled at her. "I told you. She took Jason Seaback into the supply closet". She whispered.

I turned to John as he started to laugh out loud. He grabbed my hand and shook it and then did the same to Brian. "That's it. You got it. Brian, tell her what she won". John continued to laugh.

"She just won't a big smack in the face with second hand embarrassment "! Brian fake cheered.

"Believe what you want". Claire said and picked at her fake nails. "Its not like you would walk around school with her. She's a freak. If you want a better reputation then being around me will boost it." Claire spoke.

"Fuck my reputation! Let me tell you something queenie. I was there for when Kylie got detention, you know how I know? I was the cause of it. Yeah, believe it or not I caused the sweet, innocent girl to get detention. We had studyhall together. Brian was there for the cafeteria issue and she left with him. I watched her. Now since you embarrassed yourself enough for making her feel uncomfortable I suggest you kiss her ass with the biggest apology, and as far as me walking the halls with her it's none of your fucking business. You started this shit, so now I'm gonna finish it"! John yelled.

I pulled his arm as he stepped back and leant against me. Andrew was shocked at the way John talked to her, Brian and Ally in disbelief.

Claire grinded her teeth and turned away to wipe her tears.

"Okay, I think we all need to calm down now. We still hve three hours". Brian spoke.

The room was quiet. John putting Claire in her place made my heart melt. He doesn't show it but he does care.

"Now. What was this conversation you had eariler"? Brian asked again.

Claire rolled her eyes and groaned. "Can't you just leave it alone"? She asked and Brian shook his head.

Claire turned to me and took a deep breathe. "I told her to stay away from John".

The room got quiet, then John started laughing. "Oh dear god". He sighed. "It was one kiss queenie. Get over it and you said it yourself, you don't like me anyways". Bender spoke.

"I have just as many feelings as you do it and it sucks when someone steps all over them". Was Claire crying?

"You don't know shit about feelings. You step on everyone all the time"! Ally spoke up.

"You're so conceited". Brian whispered.

"Oh shut it. You're just mad that she didn't choose you. Is that why you started the drama. You knew what the outcome would be"? Claire turned to Brian.

"I'm right fucking here"! I yelled out. "Brian, you are a friend, nothing more. You knew this". I said.

Brian nodded and then turned to me. "I know. It just made me feel better to think otherwise" he sighed.

My heart broke. No wonder he acted weird earlier. Is this the reason he got detention in the first place? He didnt want me around Bender.

Claire cleared her throat.

"I'm sorry". She mumbled once she turned back around.

"I'm sorry what did you say"? John questioned.

"I said I'm sorry okay! Im sorry!" She yelled and then stormed off to her table.

John wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I shook him off. "I'm sorry I need a minute". I said and reached down, grabbing the last joint on the table and walking to the stairs of the loft. I got up there and paced. A fight started about me. A girl who hated me, and a boy who cared. And a friend who wanted more. It was a game, why was winning so important to her? Confrontation wasnt my strong side, i crack under pressure and i still blame my memories all because of Mitch. He ruined me. He ruined life. I reached into my pocket and realized I forgot the matches and sighed. I turned to see John standing there, holding the matches for me, his face pulled tight as he clearly was upset.

"Can I sit with you"? He asked.

I gave him a nod as he lit the match and lit the joint.