25

( Mature content)

I started the shower and set up my things. I shut and locked my bedroom door so my parents wouldn't come in if John stuck to his word. I walked back into the bathroom and undressed, easing my way into the hot water. Today taught me alot. I learned more about myself then anything. I also learned from my parents. If I really loved John, I would feel it and I think that's what I felt eariler. I've physically knew John since sixth grade, it wasn't until freshman year I fell for him, without him knowing. Detention was the icing on the cake for all the feelings to come out.

As I washed my hair I couldn't help but think of him. How do I tell John Bender that I love him like crazy? Would he feel the same? Or will he leave? I shut the water off and wrapped a towel around me. I wiped the fog from the mirror and studied myself. When I went to therapy, they told me that what Mitch caused was that I experienced the harm in my own ways. I judged myself for years, knowing that I would have nobody who denies the way I talk down to myself. Since growing from that I made sure to never let someone hurt me again, failing at some points but with John, he was the piece I needed to keep the strength going. He brought out a whole other side to me, a stronger side. A small knock on my bathroom door made me jump. I took a deep breath and opened the door. John stood there, leaning against the door frame. He was wearing the red flannel and white shirt that I love on him. "Sweets". He smiled and looked down at my body wrapped in a towel.

"I'll be out in a minute". And I shut the door, making sure to lock it.

I quickly got dressed and walked out with the towel wrapped in my hair.

"Lovely." He smirked and laid back on my bed, crossing his ankles and brining his hands behind his head. I giggled as his legs just fit the length of my mattress.

"What"? I asked as he used his finger to call me over.

I walked across the bedroom and sat on the bed. My nerves were shot.

He leaned over, pulling me to him and laid us down. His lips found mine as he hovered over me.

"Can I talk to you". I whispered.

He smirked into my neck and nodded.  He laid his head on my chest, drawling small patterns up my stomach.

"My parents loved you". I smiled.

"That was the plan". He chuckled and leaned onto his elbow.

I took a deep breath, trying to compose my thoughts.

"Sweets"? He asked.

I felt myself getting worked up as I quickly wiped the tear that escaped. John sat up completely and crossed his legs underneath him as he held my hand

"What happened. Are you okay? Did I do something wrong"? He asked in a panic and I giggled.

"No. You didn't do anything".

He stared at me a bit longer then normal before he spoke again.

"This is serious. What happened"? He asked again.

I looked around the room. Why was it so bright? "Is it bright in here"? I asked and fanned my face.

John quickly got up and shut my lights off, only leaving the lights that hung from my curtain on, giving the room a calm feeling. He crawled back in the bed and grabbed my hands again. "You're scaring me sweets". He spoke.

"I wanna tell you something. I just don't know how." I whispered. "I'll eventually get to the point".

He nodded. Taking a deep breath and waited.