45

May 5th 1985

I rushed to get ready this morning. Sleeping in wasn't one of my normal things. This pregnancy has been tough and it's only 8 and half weeks in. According to Ally and her research the baby is 2 months old. I got into John's car and waited for him to come out of the house. He got to get out of school so he could start work with my dad today. When he walked out in a gray suit, black tie my heart melted. He got in and set his coffee in the cup holder.

"Look at you". I smiled.

"Look at you"? He chuckled and put his hand on my stomach. "God this is unreal". He sighed and backed the car out if the driveway.

"What time do you get home"? I asked.

"Your dad said about four, but since it's my first day I have training so probably five". He said and stopped at Charlie's coffee.

"I ordered you something. One sec". And he got out of the car running inside.

The car phone rang and I seen my dad's name pop up. "Hello"? I answered.

"Hey babydoll. Can you let John know that the meeting got pushed back. He can come in at normal time so seven". He spoke.

"Yeah I'll tell him once he gets in the car". I said.

"Also, can he pick up some cigars. I have a feeling the meeting will be a big one? I gave him the credit card so tell him he can use that".

After the "will do" comment John got back into the car as I hung up.

"My dad said to come at normal time and to bring cigars. You can use the credit card".

He nodded and handed me a bag.

"What's this"? I asked and opened it.

"I got to reading the books your mom left in your room. It says that one pregnancy craving is peanut butter, so I got you one of those big muffins". He smiled.

It was the little things. I leaned over and gave him a kiss as he started the drive to school so he could drop me off.

*

"A suit. Damn I wish you gotten a picture". Andy laughed.

We walked home today since the weather was nice. Ally stayed back to order Andy's cap and gown. I paid for John's yesterday but I'll tell him later.

"So two months already. How do you feel". He asked.

I sighed. "I feel great. Little bloated". I laughed and he pretended to cover his ears

"I'm happy that John is trying".

"I'm happy we both are". I added.

If I knew how fast this was going I would have taken a step back before hand. I mean John has a job, he wears suits. I know he doesn't like it but he's doing it for me and the baby. Maybe if I get a small job it wouldn't be so bad.

"Is your mom still in that floral business? Or the bookstore"? I asked.

"Actually both. She's looking for a book keeper if your interested". He smiled.

"That's perfect. Can you have her call me"? I asked and he nodded.

Once we stopped infront of my house I noticed my dad's car and John's were home. I hope everything is okay.

"I'll catch up later". I smiled and gave Andy a hug and walked inside.

Out if nowhere I was lifted and spun around. "There she is". John smiled.

"What is going on"? I giggled and he out me down.

"Kylie. This boy is going places. Did you tell her"? My dad asked and took a hit of his cigar.

"Tell me what"?

"I got your dad the benefit trade in New Orleans."

My mouth dropped. It's been years since they have been involved with my dads company. He was a branch manager who bought and sold different trades with bigger companies. His job was to make it sell faster and cheaper by still bringing in big bucks. I turned to John and wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm so proud of you. How did you do it"? I asked.

"Its funny. The guy made a reference in our selling with Marijuana saying we sell like kids do in school. Then this one starts talking about different prices and reselling on the side, making a point so clear that they want John and I on the team". He smiled.

Oh God. Not the Marijuana selling pitch.

"Wouldn't that mean you would both need to be in New Orleans"? I asked.

"Nope. John mentioned to them that he's on the way to fatherhood and they automatically wanted to help. He's allowed to work in the area, I would travel". My dad smiled.

Here comes the tears.

"Why are you crying babydoll"? My dad asked, John watching me closely.

"Because. I just assumed after finding out I was pregnant that life would turn into shit and here we are coming out smelling like a rose". I said and sat on the couch.

John walked over to me and undid his tie. He grabbed my hand and my dad walked off.

"Sweets. Don't cry, please". He soothed.

"I can't help it. It's the stupid hormones". I giggled. I turned to him. "I'm am so unbelievably proud of you John. This baby is proud of you and you won my dad over for the rest of his life." I smiled.

"This is only step one. Do you remember when we all first met, and Andy dick made those comments to me about not having goals"? He asked.

A memory I didn't want to think about. "Yes".

"I have goals now. My head is filled with ideas, at least ones I never thought about". He winked. "But this baby put a perspective into me. My father being the asshat he is showed me what I can be. You showed me what love is. I never want to feel the way I did again. This is all for us. Our little family". He smiled.

I started to cry again and he wiped the tear from my eyes.

"Okay Mr. Big shot. Will you still at least be your funny, sarcastic self or is that gone"? I asked.

"The best is yet to come with that sweets. I just Andrew for that and it's a done deal". He smiled and pulled me into a hug.

"That reminds me. Thing one and thing two called. They wanna talk to us". He sighed.

"Goodie".