37

Time. Something that passes slowly every once in a while. Time right now was very slow.

"This is the longest five minutes I've ever sat in". Ally sighed.

We were in the bathroom with the door locked. Panic struck through me. I can't be doing this. This will ruin everything.

"Are you okay"? Ally asked.

"He's going to leave Allyson. If I'm pregnant he's going to leave me". I cried.

She soothed me, rubbing my back as I put my head in my hands.

"I thought John uses a condom"? She asked and I shrugged. Completely ignoring my cry of thought.

"We didn't one time. That was weeks ago. He pulled out". I answered.

"It only takes one time Kylie". Ally spoke.

I glanced up at the counter to see the two small sticks. That right there will be the problem or the solution for me. I'm so stupid, I should have been more careful. I'm only eighteen, I'm still a child.

"Two minutes". Ally whispered as she checked her watch.

"I'm useless. I can't even have sex correctly. I didn't think this would happen". I sobbed.

"Pill, condom, pull out, it's all the same. You can get pregnant standing up, sitting down. It happens Kylie. You're human". She smiled.

"Whatever the test shows. We don't mention this to anybody, got it"? I asked.

"What about John"? She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. What about John? What happens to us after? I love John Bender, but I don't think he'll stay if there is a baby involved.

"I'll keep it a secret, but you will need to tell him. He's smart enough to notice a baby bump". She spoke.

I nodded and stood up. Ally checked her watch and then turned to me again. This is it. This is what will carry my future, John and my future. I walked over to the sink and took a deep breath.

*

John POV

I want to hit him. I want to take his face and throw him into the fire. Brian was the kid in school that you had to fake it with. The only reason I put up with that little shit is because of Kylie. The weirdo sitting next to me, smoking one of my joints as he sang a song. Don't get me started on the jock or the princess. Honestly, I can put up with Allyson, she doesn't piss me off as much.

"You belive that in the matter of a week, I'm going to be a senior". Brian sighed.

Poor baby.

"I don't think anybody is ready to branch out. It takes time. I mean you still have Kylie and Ally". Red spoke, taking another sip of another drink she made.

The three of them have their lives and goals ahead of them. Andy will be some professional athlete one day, grabbing dick as a sport. Brian has his smarts, he could be anything he wanted to be, then you have red, maybe if she has daddy's money while in college she could buy new friends and finally leave us alone. I took a hit of my joint and held the smoke in my mouth.

"What are your plans after school John"? Claire asked.

I shrugged.

"Are you going to college"? She asked.

"No. I'm going to work at my grandparents auto shop for now, then move up from there". I sighed.

"Afterwards"? Brian asked.

"I'm going to let things fall where they fall. I have a down-payment on an apartment in the area. I can't live with my old man". I spoke.

"Will Kylie be in those plans"? Claire asked.

I glared at red as she shrugged her shoulders. What the hell did she mean by that?

"Of course shell be included. Why wouldn't she"? I asked.

"She'll still be in highschool. Then once she graduates then she'll want to go to college. Doesn't that scare you"? Red asked.

Did it? Was I afraid that the girl I was in love with would leave me, yes. I give it a year. I'm not one that someone stays with for long.

"You make her happy man". Andrew spoke up.

"Yeah"? I asked

"Yeah, she talks about you like you're the only thing on her brain". He smiled

I felt something inside of myself. Hearing something like that just makes someone feel good.

"I mean look at it this way. I can help you with anything once you move out. Maybe Kylie will want to move in with you." Claire smiled.

That feeling left quickly as I turned to her. "Help me, help me with what"? I asked.

"Like bills or gifts, anything really". She said

What did she not get. When was the last time I had taken anything from anybody. Did she think it was helping for making me feel like I can't do shit? At this point the girls walked back out. Kylie sat next to me and grabbed my hand.

"So you're saying I can't amount to shit"? I asked.

Claire shook her head. She was clearly drunk. "No. I'm saying it's not a wrong thing to take donations. If it helps, then take it. Look, my dad used to take handouts, now he gives them".

"Dont you fucking start. I do what I need to do. I don't need any fucking handouts. What are you, fucking stupid"? I growled.

"I'm not saying to take them, I'm saying if it's offered just accept it." She sighed.

"Well, I was right. You're that fucking stupid red". I said.

"You know I have just as many feelings as you do and it hurts when someone steps all over them. You do it to me constantly". She said and moved her seat further away.

"You're so pathetic. Don't you ever compare yourself to me, ever. You get everything and I get shit, fucking rapunzel". I spit.

"John. Stop". Kylie said and I shook her off. I'm not stopping, I'm pissed.

"I like those earrings Claire. Did your daddy buy you those in the transformation of his money giving? Are those real diamonds"?

"Shut up". She whispered.

"Did you work for the money to buy those, or did your daddy pick them up on his way home from work one afternoon because he felt like it. I bet it was one of those handouts he grabbed when he was making it big". I  angerly spoke.

"Shut up". She said again and this time she stood up.

I was sick and tired of red. She walked with her head held high but didn't know when to shut her trap. I was sick and tired of being put down by her and her fucking friends.

"I bet those earrings were a Christmas gift huh?" I edged on.

"Shut your mouth". She cried out.

"You know what I got for Christmas this year. Putting aside that my old man was in jail he still managed to get me a little something. He sold fucking drugs in jail to get me a carton of cigarettes. What a gift huh, it was a better fucking year with the Bender family, my mom couldn't even pick up the phone when her only son tired to call her. Maybe next time shut up before you start talking and giving suggestions". I said and got up, stomping to the cabin and slamming the door.