12

We made it back to Brians house. Where his parents were we had no clue. Normally they go out on weekends. His parents were like mine. They sometimes go out together.

My legs sat up on John's as him and Andrew played a video game on Brian's TV. Ally helped bring food out with Brian. "So what are we going to do about Claire?" She asked.

John paused the game and sat back into the couch. His hands resting on my legs. "Well, we have to contact her somehow. She hasn't answered the phone, I've been calling her all night". Andrew responded.

"Fuck her. We knew she was going to do this". Brian spoke and John nodded.

"I agree with the cherry".

"Maybe she has a good excuse. Didn't she say that her parents fight alot. Maybe something happened"? I questioned.

"Sweets, that's nice of you to think of the bigger picture but this is Claire we are talking about. She's known for this". John said.

"We can't talk to her in school. She'll ignore us." Ally spoke.

"Not me. She'll talk to me". Andrew said and John rolled his eyes.

"That's right. You all riches stick together".

"Cmon, we were doing good". Andrew said as he turned to John. I lightly elbowed him.

"Ugh. Okay sorry".

"What about another Saturday. We get her in there"? Brian suggested.

"I'll be there tomorrow anyways. It's not worth it". John said.

"I really thought the outcome was going to be better". Andrew spoke softly, turning to look at me. "Maybe she is still upset about you two". He mentioned.

"What about us? We are two people just trying to find light in this hell". I whispered.

John squeezing my knee for comfort. What John and I do is our business. Claire couldn't be upset still. Could she?

"She does hold grudges. Maybe she wanted to be the one who had John with her". Brian spoke up, causing John to tense up.

"Fuck her and what she wants. She hates me remember. God can any of you fucking understand anything". He said and got up off the couch.

"John". Ally spoke but he stopped her.

"No. Everyone around me gets everything they ask for. I fight for what I want. This is what I want. If she can't understand that then maybe she shouldn't be brought up anymore". He hissed and walked out the back door, slamming it shut.

"I'll talk to him". I said but Andy stopped me.

"No I will. If he asks I'll say I stopped you". He smiled and walked to the door.

Claire got under John's skin constantly. Ally told me stories of how she was with him the first time they met. She put him down, caused him pain and confusion. They didn't date, just kissed once. He told her how he felt about it and they went their separate ways.

"Is it my fault"? I asked.

Brian and Ally shook their heads no. "Absolutely not. John is crazy for you. You heard him yourself. He fights for what he wants". Ally smiled.

I stood up and smoothed my dress out. "It was a nice banquet Brian. Congratulations. I'm going to go home". I smiled and grabbed my purse.

"Kylie"? Ally asked and I shook my head.

I walked out the front door and over to my house. After locking up I made it upstairs and shut my bedroom door.  When I sat at my vanity all I could do is think about everything all at once. Thinking about my parents and John. Maybe taking time off of therapy was a bad idea.

I took my earrings off and grabbed my makeup wipes from the dresser, slowly wiping the mascara off. When it was gone I got up and walked to my dresser, grabbing a pair of pajama shorts and a shirt. I stopped, seeing John again. I walked over and opened the door. Then walking over to my closet.

"Dont do that". He spoke.

"Do what"? I asked and tried to unzip my dress.

"That pout. The over thinking. It's me and you sweets. Talk to me". He spoke and walked behind me.

"Clearly Claire had more of a heart then she let on. I think she's heart broken". I confessed.

John's hands found the zipper of my dress as I walked off and into the bathroom to change. "You're over reacting". He yelled over so I could hear him.

I rolled my eyes and slipped the dress off. Claire may be a bitch but if being heart broken is the reason for her departure from us then it doesn't seem right. I slipped on my shorts and before I had time to put my shirt on the bathroom door opened. John walked in and shut it behind him.

"Get out". I whispered, holding the shirt to my bare chest.

"I hate talking. I hate literally anything that has to do with people and I absolutely hate romance. I don't understand anybody but I understand what I want and I hope I understood what you want to". He said, stepping closer.

I clenched the shirt tighter to myself as he leaned in.

"Shes heartbroken, but not over me. She's heartbroken over you". He whispered.

"What"? I was so confused.

"I talked to her the night before the banquet. She asked how you were. She's not heart broken over love, she jealous of what you have. Jealous over the things you didn't need to fight for. Things like friendship, like what you have with Brian. She told me". He said.

"She wants Brian"? I asked.

"In all ways actually. I guess detention showed her another way of life". John said and sat on the edge of the tub.

"Then we set it up. We show her that we can make it work". I smiled.

"Now you're thinking sweets". He smirked and pulled me towards him by the strings of my shorts.

He stood up, keeping his gaze with my eyes as he removed the shirt from my hands. He didn't peak, he didn't say anything. He brought his hands up to my breasts and held them, then bringing my body to his so I was pressed against his chest.

"Now you can get dressed". He smirked and pecked my lips as he walked out of my bathroom.

I quickly threw the shirt on and walked out, back to my room. I got in to see him taking off his boots. I shut my door, making sure to lock it just in case and walked over to him. I crawled up into his body as he laid down and held my hips. He purposely buckled his hips forward, causing me to lay my hands on his chest.

"Can I ask you something"? I asked.

He nodded in response.

"The day you came over to the lunch table to get Jason away from me. Did Brain ask you to"? I asked.

John chuckled in response. "Your buddy Brian had me watching you like a hawk. He made a deal with me that he would do my homework for me, as long as I helped you out". He smiled.

"So it wasn't because you liked me"? I giggled.

"Oh it was everything about you sweets. I'd take a bullet for you".