39

April 4th 1985

Sunday came faster then I expected. It was like we just got here and now we were leaving. As I laid there in bed, listening to the sound of the rain hit off the window, it calmed me. I turned to see see John still asleep and smiled. That man deserves everything good to happen to him, just not what I have in store. I rested my hands on my stomach and sighed. Pregnancy wasn't one of our plans, at least not now. When I seen the red lines on that test I went into action mentally. I would need to tell my parents first then gradually get to John, that's if my parents don't kill me first. I felt my eyes well up and quickly wiped the tear away.

John moved next to me and wrapped his arm over my stomach. Do I tell him now? Do I wait? I sighed and moved his hand to get up and walk to the bathroom. I felt like I needed to puke again. I've tried hiding it in the past 24 hours but the stress was taking a toll on me. I hunched over the toilet and tried to groan out quietly. Once I was done I wiped my mouth and then grabbed my toothbrush.

"Fuck". I mumbled.

Once I finished brushing I placed my things back in my bag then turned around to see him. His facial expression didn't change as he looked concerned, scared even.

"Morning". I fake smiled and walked past him.

"Morning. You okay"? He asked.

"Yeah, great. I'm going to make coffee, want a cup"? I asked. That's right, I need to stay calm.

"Sure".

He sat at the table as I poured water into the pot. I glanced over to Brian who was snoring.

"What time are we leaving today"? I asked.

"Noon. I think". He sounded off.

"You okay"? I asked. I didn't turn to face him. Did he know?

"Yeah. Great". He copied.

I wish someone else was up. I can't do this right now. I put the coffee pot on, watching it fill the pot. I heard movement behind me as John came closer, bringing his arms around me. Part of me wanted to turn around and tell him everything. The other part of me wanted to crumbled with the firewood outside.

"You know you can tell me anything". He whispered and kissed my shoulder. "Right".

I knew I could, just not this.

"Yes. I know". I smiled a fake smile again.

He let go of me, making me feel empty again. I touched my stomach and felt a tear come out again. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with, now to tell the father of the child. Thats something I will never know how to do.

*

"Can you just have John drive. It will be quicker". Brian groaned from the backseat.

"I'm handling it". Claire sighed.

I sat in the front on the way home, John sitting behind me. Ever since the morning we haven't really talked and I panicked more. If he knew, why won't he tell me that he knows?

"We have like ten minutes". Claire spoke up.

In the rear mirror I noticed Ally looking at me. The night I found out she told me to tell John before my parents, therefore if word got out John wouldn't get mad. When I told her I couldn't she got upset with me. She was right though, it's not my fault or John's. Things just happen.

"You two okay? You're both quiet and John hasn't made a sexual joke in almost an hour". Claire asked.

"Were just tired". John spoke up.

Were we? Were we John?

"Yeah this is the longest you haven't touched her. Normally your holding hands or messing with her hair. You good man"? Andrew asked.

"I said we are tired. What's with all the fucking questions"? He snapped.

"Calm down. I'm sorry for caring". Andrew sighed and faced out the window.

"That's all your problem. You care to much about things that don't concern you". John spoke sharply. "I don't need to touch Kylie every second of the day.  My bad for not being weird".

"Okay I'm sorry". Andrew said.

I knew John rolled his eyes, that's the thing with him. If he got mad he would roll his eyes afterwards.

"There's our exit. Who am I dropping off first"? Claire asked.

"Me". John spoke.

I turned to look at him and he shook his head. I turned back around and felt the tears come again. I rested my head on the window and sobbed the whole way to John's house.

*

Once Claire dropped me off at home I decided to take the night to myself. My parents asked me alot of questions when I got in but I shook them off, but now I needed them more then ever. I walked out of my room and down the steps and walked into the living room.

"Hey babydoll. You okay"? My dad asked

I didn't know what came over me because I started crying right there. My mom got off the couch quickly and came over to me.

"Honey what happened"? He asked.

I kept wiping my eyes but they never stayed dry. My heart was racing, my hands were shaking and I was freaking out.

"Did John do something"? My mom asked

I shook my head. "God no". I sobbed.

She walked me over to the couch and sat us down. She pulled me into her side as I let the tears come down. I can't do this.

"Honey please tell me what happened. Your scaring me". My dad spoke and was now infront of me.

If I tell them, then the hard part is over, but I didn't consider them the hard part in this. My mind just kept going back to John. My mouth spoke before my head had a chance to discuss it.

"I'm pregnant". I whispered.

Both of my parents looked at each other then back to me.

"I'm sorry sweetie, what did you say"? My mom asked again.

"Im pregnant". I spoke.

Both of them held their breath.

"Please say something"? I cried out.

I can't take anymore silence today. Not by them, not by John or by Allyson. I needed someone to tell me things like this happen and I'll support you. Not silence.