46

May 24th 1985

Graduation. The celebration of a teen, turning into an adult. Some say that's stretching it a bit far but in our case it works. I sat in the stands, nervous to see my friends walk across that stage. My mom grabbed my hand as the lights dimmed.

"Welcome family and friends to the high school graduation of class 1985 We are excited, nervous and sentimental right now as we cross over to adult hood. For our speaker today I want to introduce you to head of student council and this year's prom queen Claire Standish". Mr. Vernon smiled as the cheers filled the room

Claire wiped her eyes as she gave Vernon a hug and stepped up to the mic.

"Good morning everyone"- she started. "Today marks the days that will lead us into the rest of our lives. This year I learned so much about myself, some actually think I'm crazy to believe it" .

I glanced over at John who sat with the class, moving his head so the tassel would hit Andrew. I heard my mom giggle next to me.

"I want to say that the people I met this year have changed my life for the better. The difference in stereotypes made me believe that no matter who it is, it's always good to be a friend. Five people showed me that". Claire smiled.

"Woohoo"! Andrew cheers and John joins in and Vernon giving them a glare from up on the stage.

"Even though we didn't get along at first, I still believe that our friendship means more then a shopping trip, or a wrestling meet, a physic test, and or art exam, a pack of cigarettes or a good laugh , we grew, we learned, and we succeeded". She smiled again, wiping her eyes.

"To the class of 1985, I wish you the best of luck in your future, may it hold beautiful memories. I'll see you all at the 10 year reunion". She stepped back from the microphone, waving off the friends who stood up clapping.

"Okay everyone. I'll start the roll call, please hold your applause to the end". Vernon said and grabbed the list. Starting to speak the names in alphabetical order.

"Amanda Alexander"

"Charles Allen

"Nicky Ballantyne".

I looked over to see John looking around. I stood up slowly, when I caught Andrew's attention, he hit John. His eyes met mine and I melted all over again. I was so proud of him, no words can describe how I felt, no words can describe how he was feeling.

"Johnathan Bender". Vernon sighed.

John stood up, the roar of cheering and clapping making him feel good. He walked up on the stage, shaking Vernon's hand and grabbed his diploma, waving it in the air as he jumped off the stage.

"I'm proud of him". My dad spoke over the crowd.

I nodded and bit my lip. "So am I".

I saw him running from his seat and go up the steps. I leaned over the railing as he climbed up the side, now in front of me.

"John go back down there". My mom laughed.

"One second" he smiled and wrapped me into his arms, smashing his lips to mine.

The crowd behind us whistled as he picked me up and spun me around. Being mindful of the baby.

"I'm so proud of you". I cried out once he set me down.

"You don't know how good that sounds." He smiled.

He gave me another kiss as he moved past the others and ran back to his seat.

"Andrew Clark". Vernon spoke, causing the cheering to go on again.

Andrew blushed as he made it across the stage, jumping up and down. When he walked off he ran to John. The best friend award going to them. "Let's go get down there. I want to say congratulations". My Mom smiled and walked us down the aisle.

Once we were off the steps an in the crowd Claire ran to use, squeezing me tight, so tight that John came to break it up. We were still keeping things a secret. I turned to Andy who gave me a smiled and then turned to john for approval before giving me a hug.

"Look at this. You guys did so well. I'm proud of all of you". My dad smiled and pulled out his camera. "Okay lets take a picture". My mom smiled as we all squeezed together.

"John move the tassel from your face and Andrew quit hitting him"! my dad complained as he tried to take a decent picture, my mom laughing.

"Okay. i think its time to head home. John, Kylie, say goodnight to your friends". My mom spoke.

"Okay mom". John laughed and turned to Ally and Andrew.

"I'll see you guys probably never". He pretended to be sad.

"We'll be everywhere". Ally smiled as she wrapped her arms around John, who at first flinched but wrapped his arms around her.

Andrew turned to me and smiled as he gave me another hug. "If you need anything, please dont hesitate to call me. I'm just a dial away". He smiled and squeezed me a little more.

"Douche, hands off". John spoke and Andrew laughed. "Proud of you man". with that Andrew held out his hand to shake Johns. After a minute or so john smiled and gave Andrew a hug.

"Okay enough of the sappy. We have a baby room to fix up". John laughed and both Allyson and Andrew walked off into the crowd of people.

"I'd never thought I'd say that". John chuckled and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and walked us out of the gymnasium to the car.

"Wait I need something from my locker". John said and I nodded. I walked back inside as I saw Ally.

"Wanna wait with me? Andy's getting changed"? She asked. "Also, Claire told me to meet her here".

I nodded and we stopped in front of the library room. We both smiled and walked in.