16

February 18th 1985

Today things seemed like alot. John was in a mood all morning and decided to ditch the first two classes. Brian was still upset about the other night and it just left me, Ally and Andy to deal with it. Today Claire asked to speak to us as lunch. Ally told me that if she was going to explain everything to all of us then we could at least listen.

"Chambers"! Vernon yelled out.

I turned to face him as he walked over to my locker. "Bender, where is he"? He asked.

"I'm not sure sir. He didn't seem well last night. I think he slept in". I honestly spoke. I had no clue where he was.

"If he shows up tell him to come to my office". He said and walked off.

I shut my locker to see Ally.

"We have a problem". She sighed.

"What"? I panicked.

"John's dad's home. He got out two weeks ago. He never told us". She whispered.

John had mentioned that story to us about home life and how it wasn't the best for him. His mom was gone, leaving him there with his drunk father who left him there to defend for himself.

"I need to make sure he's okay. Is he home"? I asked.

"Andrew is walking there now. He purposely got sent home so he can look for him. I'll keep you updated". She said.

I nodded and once she walked off I slid down my locker. I felt my heart break. Where in the hell was my boyfriend? Did he stay at his house?

"Woohoo"! I heard from down the hall. Brian came running over with a piece of paper.

"I passed shop"! He cheered.

"That's awesome. You got the light to work"? I asked and he shook his head.

"I didn't start it. I came into class and there was one with my name on it, I turned it on and it shined". He smiled.

John.

"Someone in that class likes me. I can't believe they fixed my lamp".

"I think I know who fixed it for you"? I spoke.

"You think? I thought he was mad at me"? He questioned.

I bit my lip and felt myself start to tear up. Brian folded his paper in his hands and wrapped me into a hug.

"What happened"? He asked.

I shook my head no knowing what to say. That John could possibly be hurt? In hiding? And I can't tell Brian anything. After the other night he might think it's his fault.

"Nothing. Just happy for you". I smiled. "I just forgot, Vernon needed to see me so ill see you in a bit". I said.

I pecked his cheek and ran down the hall. I couldn't just sit here. When I made it to Vernon's office I knocked and went in.

"What can I do you for"? He asked, his hands still typing away on his computer.

"Can I have permission to leave for the day, or maybe an hour"? I pleaded.

"Whys that"? He asked.

I sat down in the chair across from him. "I need to find something before it gets messed up". I whispered.

He didn't say anything. "I'm not just going to write you a pass for you to ditch with your boyfriend". He said and turned to face me.

"Sir, I can promise you that's not the case. If I don't look for hi- I mean this thing then it could get bad". I whispered.

Vernons eyes got big. He grabbed something from his desk and glanced outside of his office to make sure nobody seen what he was doing.

"Go find your stuff. Make sure it's in once piece". He nodded. "And bring it to me so I can see it". He nodded.

I gave him a smile and got up quickly. Vernon has been such a help lately and I really appreciate it. Once I left his office I stopped back at my locker for my bag. Brian still standing there.

"Brian I'm gonna call you later. I need to run home". I said and he stopped me.

"Why. What's wrong"? He asked.

Great. Now I couldn't think of a good lie.

"I got my peroid". I blurted out. Causing people around me to make noises.

Brian let go of my hand and waved me off and I ran out of the cafeteria doors.

*

Once I made it to my house and inside I looked all around. He has to be here. I ran up to my room and searched my closet and my parents room but nothing. I walked over to the door and placed my head against the glass as I tried to think where he could be. I haven't known him long enough to know his secrets.

"I was coming in, just felt tired". I heard from behind me.

I didn't care at this point. I ran up to him and wrapped my arms and legs around him.

"Sweets". He chuckled.

"I missed you so much. I wasn't sure what was happening. Did you go home. Is he there"? I asked.

John walked us to desk chair and sat down. "Yeah". He mumbled.

"Please don't go home". I begged.

"I have to sweets". He spoke but I shook my head.

"No. No you don't. Your eighteen"  I spoke.

"Yes that's correct but I can't just ignore the bastard. He promised me father son time at one point in his life". He joked but I wasn't laughing.

I wrapped my arms tighter around him. "Why didn't you tell me"? I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders and set me on the ground as he stood up.

"Because I didn't want this". He said pointing between us.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. I panicked". I slouched into my seat.

He shook his head and gave me a kiss. "I'm happy that your mine. You know that right"? He smiled.

Im happy that he's mine.

"The only reason that i can go home is because of the parol officers that will be with him for the first few hours. I'm safe until then. Ally told me I can stay at her house in the basement. I'm just running home to grab a few things". He smiled.

I wrapped my arms around my boyfriend and kissed his adamsapple. The only thing I can reach without standing on my toes. "You can stay here". I whispered and he shook his head.

"If i stay here your parents might not like the sounds that come from their daughters bedroom". He smirked.

"I'll keep quiet". I smirked back and he pulled me back into him.