Chapter LXIX: Kai

In the end, the only person Kai was glad for was his own son, Noah.

He didn't get his revenge on Lailah, that bastard Michael is now living with her happily ever after.

Even if he wanted to, Kai couldn't do anything about it, all because of this new Purge Day that Noah came up with.

He is the only human who knows who the judges are, on Purge Day.

After the two first judgment days, the world changed.

Wherever he went, Kai could hear apologies being murmured in between people. Government officials are now donating large sums of money to elderly homes, to shelters, to orphanages. Parties are being held for the sake of charity. Wars are being abruptly stopped, weapons are being recycled, and turned into more useful tools.

Everyone is looking forward to their own respective rewards at the end of every month, just like on christmas day, taken to a whole new level.

Kai didn't know whether Noah or Hitori would continue this new tradition, but he decided to enjoy the peace that was settling in the world, and to live every day as if it was his last.

Kai was done serving others.

He simply went back to his old job at day, searching the bars late at night, looking for the woman of his dreams.

At least, he thought, now I won't have to worry about demons flying towards me with red eyes and black wings, demanding I do everything they say, or angels crying to me out of jealousy, threatening to kill me if I don't apply to them.

The world was a beautiful place without powers. Everyone was equal.

And everyone must behave, or else they will be punished on christmas.