Chapter 28: (L) Reunions and Dubiety

A/n: Well! It's been TOO long now lmao! I'm happy to be back to this fanfic and I'm ready to try and see it to the end. There's still a long way to go, but I'm almost there! And I will get there. Thank you all so much for being so chill and patient with me.
This one's a bit of a long one. Things are gonna start to heat up soon! Literally, they're off to the desert for the next dungeon lmao! And I drew (Y/n)'s childhood friend again for some more reference :)
So, without further Adu, here's Chapter 28! Enjoy, fellow simps!
Word count: 3,381

_________________________________

"Alright Oreo, just a little farther and you'll get yourself the juiciest apple you've ever had! Boy, do we have work to do!" (Y/n) says.

"You're telling me. I'm doing most of it!" I reply.

"Oh, OH! Is that so? So I suppose saving you from getting digested by a plant demon, pulling you away from running into certain death by some inferno-bear-mutant, and taking a massive blow from a heavy club by some freaky, green pig people gang wasn't work I take it?"

I hold back a laugh of surprise. I did not expect that.

"Hey! That's not what I meant, and you know it. Besides, who killed them? AND covered you until we could treat you?" I smirk.

"Alright sure, but I also helped you with saving that monkey and getting the boomerang from that baboon thing. AND got you up to Princess Zelda to save Midna!"

"Hahaha! Stop. Thank you, (Y/n)."

"Alright, alright, how about we split it seventy-thirty, me to you?"

"Hardly!" I scoff and laugh.

I have Epona get closer to him and I try to smack him. He pulls his body away as we both laugh.

"Okay, alright! Haha! How about fifty-fifty? Does that sound about right to you?

I grab Epona's reins and look at him, a smile easily growing. I'm really lucky to have met (Y/n). He's really been there for me, in the craziest of times. I don't really know why, but I'm glad he's still willing to help me and stick by my side. Especially if I'm the supposed hero of legend that's meant to save the world. I wonder if the last hero had help like I do... or if he even needed it.

"Alright, that was cute and all, but we need to focus. We can't save the world of Light or Twilight if we don't find that mirror! We have to figure out where to look for it. Ehem, and I too have saved Link quite a few times, so if anything I deserve some credit too." Midna says.

We laugh together.

"Hey! I'm the one getting beat up here!"

"He says even though I took a blow for him that knocked me out, all because he was distracted." (Y/n) replies, smirking.

I stare at (Y/n) and can't help but grin and shake my head. I can't believe him! Haha! He's... He really does make it so easy to smile and laugh, doesn't he? And somehow, whenever he's around, or whenever I hear his voice... I feel at ease. Hmm, I wonder if I make him feel like that too. I guess I can't really say I'm not interested in him...

"Okay! We all have helped about equally to save the world, fair?" I say.

"Fair."

"Hee hee! Alright, but seriously we do need to focus guys." Midna says.

"Yeah, don't worry. We'll figure it out, Midna. That's why we're headed back to castle town. Maybe Telma knows someone who knows something about it." I say.

"Yup, she can possibly give us a starting point at the very least." (Y/n) says.

"Let's hope so." She says.