Chapter 29: (L) Next Steps to Victory

AN: 1,794 words
Also wanted to share this beautiful artwork I made of Link (if Wattpad stops being stupid lol! Nvm guess it aint happening today lol! It can be seen on my insta anyway). It's a shorter one today, but enjoy!

------------------------------------------

"Well! If we're gonna make our way to the desert, we're gonna need some stuff first! You know any place to find a shield and maybe horse armor, Rich Boy?" I ask

(Y/n) chuckles and pulls out of my grasp.

"Yeah, yeah, Sleepy Head. I may know a place. Come hither, fair peasant!"

He walks off a bit and motions for me to follow, and I do, snickering to myself. He takes me to the center of the town where there's a large fountain in the middle, glistening and reflecting the rays of the bright sun. It's actually a very pretty little area. I guess I did let my discomfort with being here get to me too much. Maybe I can enjoy my time here, especially with (Y/n)! He could show me around... it'd be fun! But first I'll need to save Hyrule. Right. Focus. You are the 'Hero'.

"They've got those here, however-"

We walk up to the shop and (Y/n) is cut off by the man standing outside the doors into the shop.

"Oh, what a pleasure to see you here Lord Alsun! Welcome! Welcome!"

"Greetings! Do you know it, I am!"

He walks up the steps and I follow, but am stopped before the door.

"Oh dear Goddesses! What business do YOU have here? With those FILTHY boots! I apologize but this is a regal, high standard establishment. I cannot allow you entrance, I'm afraid."

"WHAT?! Why?!" I ask, confused.

He let (Y/n) through without an issue! He's been out and about as much as I have! His boots are also dirty! What is this guy on about?

"It's quite alright, he's with me." (Y/n) says with a wide, charming grin.

"Oh! My deepest apologies Lord Alsun! I'll gladly let him in, once his shoes are cleanly, yes?" He says.

Annoying... My eye twitches.

"...Of course." (Y/n) walks down to meet me.

"That's so stupid! Your shoes are just as dirty. So is your suit..."

"Yeah, welcome to Castle Town. Where jackasses with money and status can get away with pretty much anything. Unfortunately there's not much we can do right now. Let's just get our shoes cleaned and get this over with." He says.

"I overheard you sirs trying to get into that shop. Well, lucky for you, we're a couple of shoe shiners ready for business! Only 10 rupees per person!" A little boy says, gesturing to who I think is his friend, holding out his hand with a cheeky grin.

"Perfect! Here you go." (Y/n) says, handing them each a ten.

They get us seated and start wiping our shoes down.

"Alright, so when we go in, I'll distract the shop owner while you smuggle the shield out of there! The horse armor is no go unfortunately, but it's for the best!" (Y/n) says.

"Oh? You plan'in to steal from that place? We'll help ya! Hehe!" The boy's friend says grinning.

"Yea! Screw that place and their 'high class' act! Blehhh!" The little boy says.

"WHAT?! We're not gonna steal! I'm going to buy them." I say, opposed to the plan.

(Y/n) laughs.

"Yeah... Good luck with that. Even if they gave you a layaway plan, you'd still be in debt for ages!" He says