Chapter 17: Envy

Chapter 17: Envy

My eyes fixed on Camila who was standing while swept her gaze around her in anxiety. The place she was standing now was where she met me two days ago. Some male prostitute approached and offered her their business cards. She took their cards and talked with them for a few moments, before long the prostitutes shook their head then left.

"I knew it! That damn manwhore must be just playing with her," Olivia said. Even though her voice was low, her anger was clearly heard from her tone.

I glanced at her, her eyes filled with anger as she dragged her nails against the tree trunk until it left scratch marks. I gulped hard. I think if she knew that person was me, she would not only literally kill me but she would torture me first before killing me.

Actually, I have saved Camila's number yesterday but haven't contacted her. I don't know how I should start our conversation. There's no way I can send a message 'Hey, it's me, Damian. The guy who just banged you yesterday. If you want to rent me again, call me. ' Those words really screw up, right?

Both of us watched Camila who was sitting on the bench while looking at her surroundings in silence.

"Why you did not approach her? Didn't you say you were looking for her?" I said breaking the silence between us. I can't bear to see her looking for me like that.

"No, my goal is not to bring her home, but I want to know that jerk's face looks like."

"What's your plans after finding out?" At least I want to know what will happen to me if I get caught.

She looked at me sharply with anger.

"I will make sure he doesn't play with her. If it turns out to be true ..." She mimicked breaking something with her both hands.

"I will break his dick and skin him alive."

I gulped again, I could not imagine if it really happened to me.

'That's even worse than death ...'

"Why is your face turning pale?" she asked, frowning in confusion.

"Ah, I just feel sorry for him," I said, grinning awkwardly.

She gave me a suspicious look for a moment and then returned her gaze to Camila.

Feelings of guilt continued to envelop me, I felt I wanted to turn into Damian and take Camila away from there. But if I do that now then our quarrel can't be avoided especially since Olivia saw me bump to Emma yesterday. I don't want to make a fuss here nor complicate Camila's position and ... I also don't want my 'future' to break.

"Do you really not want to take her home?" I said again.

"No, I'll wait for that jerk to show himself," she replied.

After waiting for 2 hours, without success finally, Camila stood up from her seat and left with a disappointed expression. We followed her out of Ledred to a luxury car that was parked outside the district.

I heaved a sigh of relief, at least she had returned safely.

'I'm sorry Camila, I will definitely contact you tonight. I didn't know you were looking for me, 'I thought as I watched her car move away.

"That jerk is really a coward!" Olivia's voice returned my attention to her. I could see her anger clearly on her face and eyes.

I was speechless. I understand her anger at me, if there is a man who treats Celia like this I will also be furious at him.

Seeing me silent, she took a deep breath trying to calm her anger.

"Don't put on such a sad face. I'm upset but I'm not scolding you," she said in a softer voice.