Chapter 20: Damian and Ethan

The next day, the time showed 04:00 PM. The sky above the Diamond Collage is a little cloudy. I sat on the bench while chewing a sandwich in my hand. My eyes locked at Larry who was sitting next to me.

"How long do I have to be like this?" he said while looking away awkwardly.

"Wait, I'm not done yet," I said, holding his head, turning his face back to me and stared at him.

Larry cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Ethan, I know we have been friends since childhood. But I only think of you as friends no more than that..." His tone is like a shy highschool girl who rejects the man who just made a confession to her.

"Since you still think of me as a friend, stay still," I remember for the last two days I got a daily quest after staring at Emma and Olivia. I concluded, my quest has to do with what I saw. That's why I decided to stare at Larry to get a quest related to him. At least if it's related to him, I can complete it easily, but it's been almost half an hour, I still haven't gotten any quest.

'Is something missing? Am I wrong?'

"What exactly were you talking about yesterday? Why after you talked with that crazy bodyguard you became like this?"

"This has nothing to do with yesterday's incident."

"I'm sure something must have happened to you!" Larry held my shoulders furiously.

"Did that crazy bodyguard harass you?" he said in a dramatic tone.

"No-" I stopped my sentence when I saw Olivia approaching us.

"I knew it! That crazy bodyguard must have harassed you!" Larry started blabbering again before I could stop him.

"Who is the crazy bodyguard who harassed you?" said Olivia suddenly while standing behind Larry.

Larry stiffened and released his hand from me as he turned his body slowly with a pale face.

"O-Olivia?"

Olivia immediately frowned in confusion when she saw Larry's face.

"Why is your face turning pale?"

While I bit down my lips trying to hold back my laugh after seeing it.

Since Larry didn't answer, Olivia returned her gaze to me.

"Who has been harassing you?"

"No one. He just imagines too much," I said while continuing to hold my laughter.

"You're not lying right?" Her expression turned worried.

After I saw her expression, for a moment I remembered yesterday's incident when she was worried before I fought with Franz. An announcement suddenly appeared in front of me.

[You have received a daily quest!]

[Hugging for 10 seconds.]

[Target: Olivia Creststream.]

[Reward: Title and EXP.]

[Punishment: Losing half your DP.]

[Time limit: 3:59:55]

'This is harder than yesterday.' But instead of panicking as before, I was more curious about what triggers it. I retraced what I just thought and realized something. When I got Emma's quest I was watching her physically, which is why my quest was related to what I wanted to touch physically. Yesterday, when I got Olivia's quest, I thought about how to be friends with her since I thought she already knew I was Damian. And this time was because I wanted to calm her down after seeing her worried face.