Chapter 41: Wrath

Chapter 41: Wrath

It was 10.57 PM when I could smell the faintly stink stench accompanied by an announcement in a red box in front of me.

[!!! Warning !!! ]

[Other Demons detected!]

Meanwhile, Emma's demon compass also showed the same thing.

"Get ready. There are some demons near us."

I responded with a simple nod. My eyes are still filled with emotions, even though I've tried to calm myself but my anger and sadness still over me right now.

Our feet walked to a dark alley near us as we pressed our back against a building's wall next to it and peeked slowly.

[Some demons have been found.]

Five teenagers gathered like they were waiting for something. Occasionally they whisper, giggling.

I quickly used my observation skills.

'Observation.'

[Observation skill succeeded.]

[Name: Shadow Imp]

[Level 6]

[Race: Demon]

[HP: 169/169]

[DP: 53/53]

[Skills: Venom Bite lv 2]

[Emotion: Relaxed]

[Condition: Normal]

"Be careful. My compass indicates that they are stronger than our enemy yesterday," Emma whispered.

I just replied with another nod, we stepped out of our hiding place and walked towards them. When I saw them in front of my eyes, suddenly my anger burned me as I remembered my father's corpse's condition in the hospital. Terrible questions filled my mind, did they torture him before killing him? Or did they almost eat him alive as they did to me a few days ago?

They turned their gaze to us.

"Hey! What do you want ?!" one of them shouted.

"We will attack together on the count of three," Emma whispered again.

I did not answer her but immediately lunged and threw my double kick at the head of one of them.

[Critical hit!]

[You have hit a Shadow Imp for 153 HP. ]

[Critical hit!]

[You have hit a Shadow Imp for 148 HP. ]

The teen's body fell and turned to ashes. While Emma stunned in shock.

I know my actions are reckless but a wave of huge anger devoured me, my mind was not clear, somehow I wanted to get this anger out of me. What's in my mind now is killing the demons that have taken my father from me and Celia!

The other Shadow Imps turned to their true form. Two long horns grew above their heads, their eyes turned completely white, their ears and nose extended, sharp teeth and claws grew on their bodies, and coarse black feathers covered their hands.

Without wasting time, I threw my fist at the other's head, he raised his hand, trying to hold back my attack but my movements were much faster than his.

[Critical hit!]

[You have hit a Shadow Imp for 148 HP. ]

"Arggg!" he screamed in pain. Then I pulled his hand and slammed him to the ground.