Chapter 42: Horde

Chapter 42: Horde

We just came out of the alley and walked a few meters. Suddenly I could feel a drastic change around me, it was suddenly quiet, too quiet ... Even I couldn't hear the sound of the wind, little animals, bugs or anything.

The stink stench pierced my nose along with an announcement in a red box in front of me.

[!!! Warning !!! ]

[Other Demons detected!]

[You have just entered another demon's Devil Space.]

My heart was pounding, my adrenaline was boosted and my fighting spirit flared up. I could clearly feel the thick Demonic Aura surround me. My Demonic instinct continues to flare up, as if to say this is my place, my arena, this is where demons like me should be. Unconsciously, my hands were clenched, my eyes glinted in excitement as a grin growing on my lips.

'I want to fight ... I want to defeat them all ... I want to show my dominance ...'

-Bruukkk!

A heavy object falling sound returned my consciousness as Ethan.

"Ugghhh ..." I grunted as I held my head and closed my eyes, trying to balance my consciousness.

I shook my head quickly and opened my eyes before my gaze shifted to Emma who was kneeling next to me, her hand clutching her chest in pain.

I approached and helped her to stand up. We step aside and hide behind a wooden sandwich board in a closed cafe.

"What happened?" I asked worriedly. She is fine just now, why is her condition suddenly turn bad?

"I don't know ... - hah-hah- my chest hurts so much." I can see her breathing getting heavier.

'Observation.'

[Observation skill succeeded.]

[Name: Emma Lunaspark] [Age: 18]

[Level 6] [Race: Elf]

[HP: 70/148] [MP: 26/58]

[Skills: Holy Chain lv 2, Mana Strike lv 3]

[Emotion: In pain, Confused]

[Love meter: 0/10]

[Condition: Under Demonic curse influence (MP will decrease by 1 point per 1 minute)]

[Weakness: Chest, Neck, Head, Ears]

[Talent: Elf's Blessing (Lower MP usage to cast skills)]

[Relationship: Single]

[Profession: Demon Hunter, College Student.]

'Demonic Curse?' I can only guess this has something to do with the Demonic Aura that filled this place. 'I'd better get her out of here.' This demon has the same Devil Space skill as me, I'm sure this demon is not an ordinary demon and I can't possibly fight it without relying on my skill.

"We have to get out of here," I said, helping her walk.

We walked out of there, while Emma's eyes were on her compass that showed a high number.

"This is the same as Mr Renart's demon compass," she said, panting.

My heart beats faster.

'Could this be the same demon that killed Father?'

-BOOM! - BOOM! - GGraaahhhhh !!

"Come on," I said, speeding up our steps.

A few meters later the atmosphere around us turned normal. Emma took a quick breath while I let go of her, her hand holding on the wall next to her.