Chapter 43: Access granted (18+)

My feet walked quickly through the stairs, up to the top of the building. I'm quite grateful that this place is inside the devil space so I can enter the building easily. My hand turned the doorknob and opened it.

I picked up a large water hose nearby and connected it to the water tank. My eyes were fixed on Lilieth and the Imp who fought in mid-air. My feet stepped quickly towards them.

'Raise Hell Thunder skill by 1 point.'

[Hell Thunder lv 1 (Required 5 DP) - Thunder-elemental magic ability that inflicts dark thunder damage on all targets and has the chance to paralyze the enemy (1 INT point = 1 point damage). Paralyze rate is 10%. ]

My hand is aimed at the Imp.

'Hell Thunder!'

Dark lightning came out of my hand and attacked the Imp. There was no damage from my attack but I managed to take his attention. The imp glanced at me angrily as he flew higher to avoid Lilieth's attack. His hand aimed at me, creating a big black fireball, before he threw the fireball I turned on the hose in my hand and shot him. He gasped in surprise. The fireball in his hand evaporated, covering the surroundings with thick steam, making his vision unclear.

"Attack him!" I shouted.

Lilieth did not waste this opportunity, she flew through the puff of steam and swung her claws at the Imp. I couldn't see what was happening but a second later an announcement appeared in front of me.

*Ting!*

[All enemies have been defeated!]

[Level Up!] [Level Up!] [Level Up!] [Level Up!]

[You are now Level 18.]

[You have 33 unused stat points.]

[You have 6 unused skill points.]

[You have earned a new title: Demon Slaughterer. Beat more than 50 demons in a row. VIT + 5 INT + 5]

'As expected, because we are the same type of demon, Lilieth and I are able to detect our enemies through our Scent Recognition talent. '

I turned off the hose and heaved a sigh of relief as I dropped myself to the ground. The announcement proved that my battle was over. A proud smile developed on my face. I couldn't believe it, I just killed 50 demons. Even though a few days ago I almost became the lowest demon meal.

Lilieth landed elegantly near me, her feet striding casually as her wings folded.

"I did not expect that your progress would be this fast," she said, smirking mischievously.

"Thank you for your compliment," I said, trying to stand up.

But she pushed me back and pinned my hands to the ground with her claws slowly turning back into human hands. Her eyes are red with pupils like a feline, staring at me sharply.

"Did you try accessing your demonic form earlier?"

She opened her wings and covered us, her tail waving in front of me.

"I thought you only wanted to stay alive, but it turns out I was wrong about you," she said, stroking my face with the tip of her tail. Her flexible and soft tail greeted my skin.

I did not budge, while her tail continued to caress my face.

"If I can help the others with this system, why not?" Only thinking of my own safety, even though I have more power than others sounds selfish to me, especially now that the world is in chaos due to the crack. Maybe today the demons are attacking others, but tomorrow they could be attacking my friends or my partner or worse, my only family, Celia. If I didn't reduce their population from now, they could even rule the world, turning it into hell.