Chapter 45: His son and his daughter

After walking a few meters, I could see Emma, Theo and some demon hunters not far away from me. Her hand was holding my cap that fell when I fought with the Imp army earlier.

"Damian, are you alright?" she asked as she approached me.

"I'm fine," I replied simply. I glanced at the demon hunters behind her and returned my gaze to Emma.

"Can I have my cap back?"

"Ah, of course," she said, returning my cap to me.

I took it and immediately wore it.

"Thank you."

Theo approached me with a displeased face.

"Tell me, where are the demons?"

"I don't know," I answered simply. I'd better say I don't know than they tried to get information from me. Actually, I kinda regret my request to contact the demon hunter association earlier, but even if I didn't ask her I was sure Emma would do the same thing.

Theo gave me a slight condescending chuckle then he grabbed my t-shirt's neckline and pulled it towards him, his sour face right in front of me and his eyes staring at me sharply.

"Bullshit! It's clear that the number in Emma's demon compass is very high, there's no way you didn't find a single demon!"

"I have tried to find their location, but there was a big explosion. I passed out and I don't remember anything after that," I reasoned. Even though I didn't resist, my hands were clenched in fury. This person's arrogance has crossed the line.

Emma released Theo's hand from me.

"Theo! You shouldn't be angry at him, he's not a demon hunter! He has no obligation to fight demons, after all, isn't the most important thing is his safety?"

Theo's eyes still looked at me in displeasure.

"He just made us lose our chance to avenge Mr Renart! Of course, I'm angry!" His anger and disappointment were heard clearly in his voice.

Upon hearing my father's name, I just opened my mouth to ask what his relationship was with my father, but I immediately pressed my lips and swallowed my words since my question was too suspicious.

"Putting hope in a coward is really disappointing!" he sneered. Then he walked past me, followed by other demon hunters. While I remained in my position, my fist grew tighter as I tried to hold my anger.

"Theo, where are you going?" asked Emma.

"I'll look for that demons until I get them!" he replied as he continued to walk away

Emma turned her gaze to me.

"I hope you can forgive him. He is not a bad guy, it's just ... Since Mr Renart's death, he changed."

"What's his relationship with Mr Renart?" I said as I could no longer hold my curiosity.

"Theo is just like me, he is Mr Renart's disciple."

Emma looked down for a moment before returning her gaze to me.

"Theo ... He is different from the others. The elves are blessed with talents that allow us to learn magic easily, but Theo... did not have it. They considered him a failed elf, even his parents also thought the same thing. At that time, there was no one in the association who wanted to teach him. But Mr Renart accepted and taught him patiently. That is why he is very close to Mr Renart and regards him as his own father. Therefore Mr Renart's death is a hard blow to him."