Chapter 32: Family affair

As my hand had just touched the door handle to get out of the room, Diamond hugged my waist affectionately from behind. A sweet smile adorned her face.

"I'll call you again tomorrow," she said in a soft voice, avoiding being heard by people who were waiting outside. We have also worn and tidied up our clothes.

I glanced and smirked at her.

"Just text me, don't call me using the announcements like before." I'm sure she already has it since it's in my profile .

"Alright, see you tomorrow." Her hands released me slowly, her sweet smile replaced by a formal smile as my hand unlocked the door.

After the door opened wide, she spoke again.

"I expect a lot from an outstanding student like you, Ethan." Her voice was clear since she intended to be heard by all the people outside. We have talked about this and agreed to tell everyone that Diamond called to invite me to participate in her project. It's also an excuse to avoid other suspicions because, after this, I need to come to her office every day.

"Thank you for giving me this opportunity, Miss Diamond," I said, bowing my head slightly and stepping my feet out of the room. Some pale-faced security were waiting outside, while Larry and Olivia were standing behind them with the same expressions. I'm not confused by Larry's presence, but I'm quite surprised by Olivia's.

One of the security approached me.

"Are you okay? Do I need to take you to the infirmary?" His worries were clearly sounded from his voice, his eyes checking my body made sure at least I was 'looking okay' since they knew what was going on through the CCTVs. As for the others, Diamond has told me not to worry about it, since her office is soundproof.

"I'm fine. There's no need to worry about me," I replied.

"Come inside. I have something to say," Diamond said to the security.

The security exchanged glances briefly as their faces grew paler and they entered the room without saying anything.

After the door closed, Larry and Olivia approached me.

"What happened? Why does the security look so worried?" Larry asked.

"It's nothing. There was a little trouble with the CCTVs, so they thought something had happened to us," I reasoned.

"Then why did Miss Diamond call you? Did she expel you from the college?" Olivia asked. Her face which usually looks fierce also looks pale in worry.

"No, she just wants to invite me to participate in her new project."

"What project?" she asked again curiously. It's rare for an early semester's student like me to be invited to participate in a project, since usually Diamond only involves senior students or professionals.

"I can't say it, because it's still raw ideas."

Although Olivia still seemed to doubt me, Larry heaved a sigh of relief as he opened his arms to embrace me.

A breath came out of my mouth. Although his words sound annoying, but I know he is actually very worried about me.

"Thank you ..." I said in a soft voice.

"Are you two really just friends?" Olivia's voice interrupted us.

Larry let go of his arms and we both turned to Olivia.

"Of course we are friends ---" We stiffened when we saw Olivia's sour expression, while she looked at us like she was going to eat us alive.

As if on cue, Larry and I exchanged glances and talked to each other with our eyes like telepathy. 'What did you say to her? ' - Ethan.