Chapter 47: You are all I ever need

After showering, my feet stepped down the stairs to the dining room. My eyes were fixed on Celia who was already sitting at the room with two plates of cake on the table. I sat next to her.

"Did you make it yourself?"

"Yep! Now try it and tell me, is it good or not." She gave me a small fork.

I took the fork from her hand while she looked at me with a tense face. Even though Celia is not that good at making cake, but she always makes it for me every year, of course except last year, because we just lost our father.

My hand moved to cut the cake and put it into my mouth. The light sweetness of the whip cream and the softness of the vanilla sponge cake mixed with the sour taste of the strawberry fruit in the middle of the cake filled my mouth. My eyes widened as my mouth was chewing the cake. This cake is really delicious! I could tell it tastes almost as good as the cake from the famous pastry shop.

"This is so good!" I said as my hand moved to take another piece of cake and put it in my mouth in happiness.

A sigh of relief escaped her mouth as a smile blossomed on her face.

"I'm glad if you like it." Her hand also began to move to cut the cake and put it in her mouth.

"What do you want for your birthday?" I asked. Our birthdays are only two days apart, although I prefer to celebrate it together but Celia prefers to celebrate it separately.

Celia frowned in annoyance.

"You should have surprised me, if I could guess my present it wouldn't be fun again," she said in a huff.

"At least you can give me a hint." The problem is I've been trying to guess what she wants every year and it's always wrong. I could remember two years ago I bought her a nice dress because I overheard her conversation with her friend, but it turns out that what she wanted at that time was a book that had sold out on its first day. She said the dress was good because her friend looked very cute when wearing it, but that didn't mean she wanted it.

She leaned her face toward me and looked at me in annoyance.

"You're my brother, you should be able to guess what I want."

I noticed a drop of whip cream near her lips.

"Stay still," I said as I leaned my face toward her. My tongue licked her face, wiping the cream with it.

As I took my face away from her, I could see her face flushed in embarrassment.

"Wha-what are you doing?" she said in a stammering voice.

Seeing her reaction, a chuckle leaked out of my mouth.

"That's my revenge for your kiss two days ago," I teased. To be honest, I didn't expect this reaction since when she kissed me, she did it like nothing.

She turned her face to cover her blushing cheeks.

"Celia, how about your registration at Alumore College?" I asked in a serious tone. Alumore College is the best culinary school at Aeros, Celia has dreamed of studying there. I know she's already registered since I saw her fill out the forms last month.

Celia's expression changed, the look in her eyes turned sad.

I held both sides of her face with my hands and turned her towards me.

"Tell me how much is the registration fees?" I said again. Alumore College does not have a scholarship system, therefore there is no deduction for the registration fees. I can guess she wanted to cancel her registration because she thought we didn't have much money.