Chapter 19: Sweet and sour

We walked out of Franz's fighting studio and down the street.

"Ethan, are you okay?" Olivia asked, looking at me.

"I am okay."

But even with my answer, her eyes remained fixed on me and I realized it.

"Is there something wrong with me? "

"You look like ... someone else."

A breath accompanied by a chuckled out of my mouth.

"Maybe you've never seen me like this before. If I'm not Ethan, then who am I?"

She sighed and smiled.

"Maybe you're right ... I'm just not used to this."

"I'll accompany you back home."

Olivia stopped and grabbed my hand.

"It's okay. I'll go home by myself."

"The night is getting late. Let me accompany you."

She looked down sadly.

"My house's condition is still chaotic. At least I don't want you to see it."

"Okay." I understand her difficulty since I have felt the same way when my mother left us.

"Then I'll accompany you to the station."

"It's fine." She pointed to a car not far from us.

"My ride has arrived."

"Okay, then see you tomorrow." I was just about to leave but she grabbed my hand, stopping my movement.

"Thank you for today." Her voice sounded softer than usual. To be honest, instead of her who asked what was wrong with me, I'm the one who wanted to ask what's wrong with her? Olivia's image, which had been frightening and scary, immediately disappeared.

"You are welcome," I replied. But even though I already answered her, she hasn't let go of my hand and her eyes are still staring deeply at me.

"Olivia?" I said in confusion. I really don't understand why her attitude changed.

"Ah!" she let go of my hand awkwardly.

"See you tomorrow, Ethan." Then she ran to her car.

While I looked at her, making sure she got in the car before turning towards the station.

-----

* Ding Dong *

"Attention please, we have arrived at Ironshade Town."

My feet stepped off the train and exited the station while my eyes looked at my status and skill screens.

[Status]

[Name: Damian Lucio] [Age: 18]

[Level 8] [Exp: 64.86%]

[Race: Demon-Incubus] [Title: Beast]

[HP: 250/250] [DP: 65/120]

[STR: 32] [VIT: 25]

[AGI: 40] [LUK: 17]

[INT: 21] [WIS: 12]

[Partners - 2]

[Camila Creststream - Human (35)]

[Mia Ashelis - Hybrid-beast (24)]

[Unused stat - 15]

I just distributed some of my status points to AGI while I will put the rest to WIS tomorrow. With a good combination of AGI and STR, I can fight more effectively without having to get hurt or rely too much on my skills. At least if I meet with more powerful opponents and I am forced to fight them openly, I can overcome them without having to rely on my Demonic Energy skills.