Chapter 49: Insecurity

Chapter 49: Insecuriy

Larry and I walked over to the empty seats with our food in our hands.

"Believe me, their chicken tortilla wrap is so good," said Larry, putting his tray on the table and sitting down.

"I thought you only ate junk food." I also put down my tray and sat across him.

"Don't equate me with you. I've been breaking up with junk food for a long time," he scolded.

"Hey, I already started adding more greens to my sandwich. It should be more healthy now," I defended myself.

"It's still unhealthy. You should eat more healthy food like this." He lifted his chicken wrap and took a big bite.

"Tway it!" he said in mouth full.

I took a bite of my chicken wrap. The crispy taste of the fresh vegetables and tomato filled my mouth, mixed with the creamy, tangy, sour taste of the ranch sauce and the umami flavour of the baked chicken pieces.

"Yow wight ---- tis is gwod." My mouth was busy chewing it. It seems like all the food tastes good for me because I always eat jam sandwiches for almost a year. Well, I had no other choice because my finances were too tight.

"Ah, I almost forgot. Don't forget to do your assignment for next Monday," I reminded him.

He was petrified in shock.

"We have an assignment due next Monday?"

I snorted irritably. I expected this, so I reminded him on purpose.

"That's a final assignment, if you don't submit it you will fail," I warned him.

He was silent for a moment before shrugged indifferently.

"I'll do it on Monday morning." Then he took another bite of his warp nonchalantly.

"I'm not sure you can finish a 50-page research paper that fast."

After hearing my words, his jaws dropped in shock while I could see some of the food dropped from his mouth.

"That's disgusting!" I complained.

"What did you say?"

"That's disgusting," I repeated.

"No, the previous one."

"50-page research paper?" I guessed.

"50-page research paper ?! Is that crazy lecturer trying to kill us?" he grumbled.

"He already gave the assignment from the beginning of the semester," I explained.

"Ethan ..."

"Hm?" I replied soberly as I took another bite.

He looked at me with 'puppy's eyes' gaze.

"My saviour... Please save this humble peasant's grade."

A demon hunter asks to be saved by a demon ... The world has turned upside down.

"Just do what you can do. I'll come to your house tomorrow."

Larry quickly put down his food, grabbed my hand and looked at me deeply.

"What can I do without you, buddy ?" A happy smile spread across his face.

-Tak!

A tray placed loudly on our table startled us, we turned our head towards it in reflex. Olivia stood beside our table and glared at Larry.

Larry quickly took his hands away from me before Olivia broke his hands in half.

"Sure," I replied, inviting her to sit down.